GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PYSpeed Trunk/Luggage compartment LED

DTGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
PYSpeed Trunk/Luggage compartment LED MKVI GTI

my second mod on the car so far. i really like the small aesthetic changes i do to the car that puts a smile on my face.

Got the LED which included the whole trunk light housing from Eric@pyspeed.com
great service and super fast shipping with a great deal
most important, its a less than a minute plug and play, no errors showing

i highly recommend even for the $40 + shipping on the website
http://www.pyspeed.com/product-p/dash-8032.htm

really like the brightness and the white color.

ok, to the pics,
as you can see, the first 2 are OEM and the other 3 are LED

Attachments

• DSC02350.JPG
    DSC02350.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC02351.JPG
    DSC02351.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC02352.JPG
    DSC02352.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC02353.JPG
    DSC02353.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC02354.JPG
    DSC02354.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
there is other LEDs for like $9 ... Im gettign mine thsi week will post results

DTGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
there is other LEDs for like $9 ... Im gettign mine thsi week will post results

$9:confused:
is it the whole housing that you just plug and play without any errors?
got any links? didn't get any chance to search around and plus PYSpeed's RDash products are great products. i also got leds for my other car from Eric and all i can say is great service.
no offense, but hopefully we can compare these 2 different products once you get them and see what's the difference:thumbsup:

Stein357

Ready to race!
None of the interior LEDs turn on the bulb light. I replaced mine with an LED bulb. Yours is very nice and brighter than mine, but there are cheaper alternatives.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I had a set of 39mm led festoon bulbs from my last car, they were for the licence plate lights, but they work fine for the trunk of my GTI too. They only cost me $12 for the pair, and this way I have a spare if the first fries on me (it shouldn't though because it is designed to run up to 14.8V). All I had to do is take out the light housing and bend the tabs inward a little to fit the slightly smaller led bulb. I'll take some pics when I get a chance.

TREGinginCO

Ready to race!
PySpeed is a great source for stuff. I've dealt with Eric to. He has a carbon fiber product that I will be having installed on my vehicle --- I've just gotta find the time to get it done... sheez!!!!

Legohed

Ready to race!
I didn't wanna reply to this earlier and pee on your bonfire, but it's even cheaper for the bulb (7.95) from Superbrightleds and I defo reckon it's just as bright as yours :(. In fact, I just got an iPhone, so I'm gonna take loadsa photos of my car mods and post them up. :thumbup:

DTGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
None of the interior LEDs turn on the bulb light. I replaced mine with an LED bulb. Yours is very nice and brighter than mine, but there are cheaper alternatives.

I had a set of 39mm led festoon bulbs from my last car, they were for the licence plate lights, but they work fine for the trunk of my GTI too. They only cost me $12 for the pair, and this way I have a spare if the first fries on me (it shouldn't though because it is designed to run up to 14.8V). All I had to do is take out the light housing and bend the tabs inward a little to fit the slightly smaller led bulb. I'll take some pics when I get a chance.

I didn't wanna reply to this earlier and pee on your bonfire, but it's even cheaper for the bulb (7.95) from Superbrightleds and I defo reckon it's just as bright as yours :(. In fact, I just got an iPhone, so I'm gonna take loadsa photos of my car mods and post them up. :thumbup:

then i probably have to shift my thinking to think that the extra i paid was for Eric's service:)
but either way, thanks for all the inputs:thumbsup: and i'm sure i will still be visiting Eric for other great products they carry and the service they provide

DTGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
PySpeed is a great source for stuff. I've dealt with Eric to. He has a carbon fiber product that I will be having installed on my vehicle --- I've just gotta find the time to get it done... sheez!!!!

+1000 on that,
i also bought the CF vinyl fiber from him for my roof. just waiting for a couple of more weeks to apply the vinyl.
most of the parts i got from my other car are from him and had never once regret:thumbup:

Norsk

Go Kart Champion

Where are you going to put the carbon on your car?

Norsk

Go Kart Champion