GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jack Daniels VW - Fair Lawn, NJ - Disgusted with Service/Warrenty and Dealership

upgrad3

Ready to race!
I'll try to make this short:

1) Bought the car and got the "Tire & Wheel" Package. I was specifically told that any flat tires would be replaced AND if ANYTHING happens to the wheel like if it gets curbbed ( specifically said curbbed ) it would be REPLACED, yes, REPLACED.

2) Guy hits me and damages wheel.

3) I go to service dept to schedule a time to get wheel replaced only to find out they only REPLACE wheels if they are bent, broken or leaking, but they do refurbish them. Then I find out my warranty doesn't even cover refurbishment.

4) Go BACK to Jack Daniel's dealership, explain my situation. John says he will upgrade me to the "Gold" package for free and call me when he does.

5) NEVER calls me back. I go into the dealership AGAIN, he says "Oh, I did call you", no you didn't sir. But, he got my warranty upgraded and it takes a few days.

6) I go back to the service dept and schedule appointment for today. She says they will talk to John when I drop the car off and have everything fixed.

7) I take my car in this morning. For some reason they need my physical warranty paperwork to work on the car. Yet the 5 people that went ahead of me had NO paperwork with them.

Soooo, now I have to go BACK to the dealership and pick up the "supposed" upgraded warranty papers, re-schedule another appointment and go BACK to the service department 2 more times. This, all for coverage that I was SUPPOSED to have from the beginning.

I have never been so disgusted with a dealership and their service than I am with Jack Daniel's. I'm thinking about spending the $600 or whatever for a new wheel just so I don't have to go through this process.

/rant over

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
After all that, you might some Jack and Coke to hold you over...

Sorry to hear that.

N.G.S.

Ready to race!
I purchased my car from them as well, they tried to sell me the same package but stopped when I told them what I thought of it. All these tire / wheel protection packages are bullshit, they exclude almost any real life incidents and they charge you up the ass for them. They are all profit for the dealership. When I purchased my GTI they wanted to sell me their super duper tire / wheel protection package at a cost of over $1500. This is ludicrous considering you could pick up a set of 4 almost new take off detroits with very low mileage tires for less than $800 if you search properly.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
This is ludicrous considering you could pick up a set of 4 almost new take off detroits with very low mileage tires for less than $800 if you search properly.

Considering the fact that detroits with tires are a $750 package brand new, you should be able to find them for cheaper.

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
My experience with VW dealers in NJ (World VW in Neptune) has not been good either. VW has a long way to go in that regard.

upgrad3

Ready to race!
Considering the fact that detroits with tires are a $750 package brand new, you should be able to find them for cheaper.

That's what I'm thinking about doing. Telling him with all the problems I've been having with this "warranty" that I want it removed and if he can't do that I want to know which higher up I have to talk with to discuss this with.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
1) I have had the tire/wheel package on other cars and it doesn't cover if your wheel gets curb damaged. Only if it gets bent or broken due to a pot hole or something of the sort. Damage just to the surface isn't covered. It's in the paperwork.

2) That is your insurance not your tire/wheel package.

The dealership is in the right here and you are in the wrong. You need to read your contract and stop blaming the dealership for doing their job correctly.

I'll try to make this short:

1) Bought the car and got the "Tire & Wheel" Package. I was specifically told that any flat tires would be replaced AND if ANYTHING happens to the wheel like if it gets curbbed ( specifically said curbbed ) it would be REPLACED, yes, REPLACED.

2) Guy hits me and damages wheel.

3) I go to service dept to schedule a time to get wheel replaced only to find out they only REPLACE wheels if they are bent, broken or leaking, but they do refurbish them. Then I find out my warranty doesn't even cover refurbishment.

4) Go BACK to Jack Daniel's dealership, explain my situation. John says he will upgrade me to the "Gold" package for free and call me when he does.

5) NEVER calls me back. I go into the dealership AGAIN, he says "Oh, I did call you", no you didn't sir. But, he got my warranty upgraded and it takes a few days.

6) I go back to the service dept and schedule appointment for today. She says they will talk to John when I drop the car off and have everything fixed.

7) I take my car in this morning. For some reason they need my physical warranty paperwork to work on the car. Yet the 5 people that went ahead of me had NO paperwork with them.

Soooo, now I have to go BACK to the dealership and pick up the "supposed" upgraded warranty papers, re-schedule another appointment and go BACK to the service department 2 more times. This, all for coverage that I was SUPPOSED to have from the beginning.

I have never been so disgusted with a dealership and their service than I am with Jack Daniel's. I'm thinking about spending the $600 or whatever for a new wheel just so I don't have to go through this process.

/rant over

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
My car is a lease, I passed on the wheel and tire package gambling that the cost of replacing any wheels and/or tires that I rack up over the course of 36 months - will cost less than the amount of the tire package.
So far I've shelled out for one Pirelli in 7 months - didn't expect to.
We'll have to see how this goes...

N.G.S.

Ready to race!

correct - they are a $750 upgrade to an existing oem component.

I am not sure but I have heard that list on a single detroit is upwards of $350.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Is that all they cost new w/tires for real? I thought they were like $1200 or so...

for MY2010 They were a $750 over the 17" Denvers. Now they come standard ultimately making them cheaper. Its all about the price hike from the dealership. Its bogus if you ask me.

upgrad3

Ready to race!
Actually they are not in the right as they stated that the package I got included surface damage to the wheel.

John the finance manager actually STATED they were wrong and THAT is why they upgraded me for FREE to the Gold package.

Maybe you should read closer before making comments like yours.

1) I have had the tire/wheel package on other cars and it doesn't cover if your wheel gets curb damaged. Only if it gets bent or broken due to a pot hole or something of the sort. Damage just to the surface isn't covered. It's in the paperwork.

2) That is your insurance not your tire/wheel package.

The dealership is in the right here and you are in the wrong. You need to read your contract and stop blaming the dealership for doing their job correctly.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking about spending the $600 or whatever for a new wheel just so I don't have to go through this process.
/rant over

For a little more than that, you can get a mint set of 4 Detroits on the FS forums. You can then sell the other 3 or keep them as spares.

VW-TX said:

I think he's upset (and rightfully so IMO) bc the dealer told him the following at the time he purchased the wheel/tire protection:

If the dealer told him that, I can see why he'd expect that service (even if not in the contract). The dealer telling him one thing, then giving him a contract to sign that states something else is bordering on fraud IMO.

upgrad3

Ready to race!
Shouldn't the insurance of the guy that hit you cover it regardless??

It was a hit and run.....he side swiped me on the West Side HWY, pushed me off into an exit and took off