GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI-R

Chaseme

springs are the new bags
Anyone know when the GTI-R will be unveiled?

I'm very very curious (as many enthusiasts will be) on whether or not they announce it will come with a 6MT.
That will be the deal breaker for me; so let's hope they don't just offer it in the DSG.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
After VW show it as a concept car expect a 6 month wait before its launched. I expect end 09 in europe.

sleepergti86

APRTuned
Not that i have heard.... i would give anything to see a sneak peak of this car right now!

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
I would put money it been haldex. VW don't seem to like going much above 240ps in production form with front wheel drive.

James G

Spool makes me drool.
That car will be epic in AWD... the next uber hatch for sure... theres a lot of potential in that block :drool:

imagine a 400AWHP Scirrocco :D :drool:

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Would be a damn nice thing but I would rather see the same thing in a Golf

x1000000

VW really dropped the ball not offering AWD in the MKV GTI 2.0T for some serious power... would have made it the ultimate sub $50,000 car for sure...

also thumbsdown to VW for not sending the ED30 to AU/US.... DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN!

GTI2007

I really hope that they make an S3 version of the GTI for this MK6 model. If they do I would totally buy it

Lima1

Passed Driver's Ed
That's pretty good news but there's totally no word about it being AWD or just FWD

Yeah, that was a bit odd. Even though the GT24 was FWD, that had purpose built race suspension, a roll cage and slick tyres to help get power to the ground. Surely VW can't release a 265bhp road car in FWD?

That would be daft.