GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAG-COM info?

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I notice this VAG-COM mentioned often and I can gather you plug it in and you are able to monitor/change certain factory settings on your car (lights, heated seat controls etc).

Can anyone sum up where to buy this? What exactly it allows you to do? And the software required to use it?

Thanks in advance and apologizes if another thread exists, I just only saw the "codes" thread which listed out the VAG-COM readings.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Someone had posted a very detailed 'awesome' explanation. I think it was volksfan. I'm to lazy to search at the moment. Later tonight, I'll find it or post new information in the sticky, if required.

ChicityGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
The software is free but the cable is where they get you. Ross-tech is the owner of the software and the OEM cables. IMO - I would only trust Ross-tech with the cables...cheap e-bay alternatives just don't sound too appealing when playing around with the ECU on a 25k piece of machinery.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Do all the tuner shops typically have VAG-COM and allow you to use it? Or do they charge you a fee somehow?

chucka

Ready to race!
Do all the tuner shops typically have VAG-COM and allow you to use it? Or do they charge you a fee somehow?

usually they will charge you.

I don't know it, but there is a website that helps you find people around your area that has them that is willing to help out other dubbers.
Maybe someone else knows the link

I have a few friends that have them or I would buy one. they come in handy, but if you buy one be prepared for people to ask to use it a lot :)

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
usually they will charge you.

I don't know it, but there is a website that helps you find people around your area that has them that is willing to help out other dubbers.
Maybe someone else knows the link

I have a few friends that have them or I would buy one. they come in handy, but if you buy one be prepared for people to ask to use it a lot :)

See, there is this guy I know, his name is Basil, and he is wondering if there is a GTG in the area (Greater Dallas/foort Worth) where someone that has this majik software and cable and people who know what they are doing helps this guy, named Basil, make some adjustments?? And also, Basil said he doesn't mind paying in cash or alcohol (but doesn't encourage drunk driving) if hat someone would be will to help him out.

Dickybird

Mk6golfer,

For someone who doesn't actually own a MK6 Golf, you ask a lot of fucking specific questions. Try buying the horse before the cart, mate.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
hahaha

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
:lol::clap: