GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R LED Tail Lights

woofie2

Ready to race!
so, I will put transistors on wires and thats better than fooling vagcom?
better yet some resistor loads that mimic Light bulbs.

transistors are what drive the LED lights anyway.
I guess the preloading of the Brake lights is causing problems with the system, (there is a small amount of current going through the filaments to keep them warm and allow them to lightup quicker)

livid2

Passed Driver's Ed

I guess the preloading of the Brake lights is causing problems with the system, (there is a small amount of current going through the filaments to keep them warm and allow them to lightup quicker)

Excuse my ignorance, but is there any reason why no one has come up with a solution like this? I seems that if an adapter could be made that incorporated resisters, or similar, that mimic Light bulbs as Woofie2 said, it would be a simpler (and cheaper) option than VAC COM, a real plug-and-play.:thumbup:

Maybe I am missing something?

jhelm85

Passed Driver's Ed

Resistors and transistors...this thread got a lot more interesting. :w00t:

jm6001

Ready to race!
Hello everyone

I was just hoping that someone could maybe help me figure out which adaptors I will need for my car? I was on Kufatec and it was asking about before or after week 45... but I don't know how to find that out, on my cars door I know it says it was built in October 2009 but doesnt give me an actual week. I contacted kufatec and they said find out what BCM version I have. How do I find this out???

PLEASE HELP!!

THANKS
JM

SteveP

Ready to race!
Adapters are the same, they just provide a straight through connection from the original taillights to the new connector on the LED's.

SteveP

Ready to race!
These are just the same as the adapters many people on ebay.de and I have created themselves with no issues across all current versions/build weeks of the Mk6 :)

dstructcode

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone done this on a US spec golf yet? I really want these tails.

Also, does anyone happen to have a comparison of the standard Golf red LEDs and the R-Line 'cherry red' LEDs?

zee

Go Kart Champion
Also, does anyone happen to have a comparison of the standard Golf red LEDs and the R-Line 'cherry red' LEDs?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4785340&postid=64296849#64296849

Mezza/golf6

Ready to race!
Hello, I have the LEDS "R" version
I have only one problem, the external light intensity is strong and the intensity of light inside is softer, I have byte 18 bit 04 on my 09.
When i brake,you turn me,the 4 LEDs and the third brake light
Who can help me?please....

Last edited: