GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please Help!!! HID info needed ASAP (Base Golf 2010)

Hey guys,

I checked online for HID kits that are inexpensive and i was going to install them myself but I decided to have a shop do it instead just because of my schedule. i did not purchase any, the shop would get them and install them for me. it would be $90 for the kit and $25 to install. when i come back to the shop he says to do it, it would be $330 because of some chip and because he would have to remove the headlights and bumper -_- which i highly doubt. has anyone gotten a kit that is not very expensive and know exactly how to install them. ANY detailed info and/or pics would be GREAT. im not trying to be cheap but of course i am trying to take the least expensive route. thanks

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
As far as the kit is concerned, you can pick up a kit from USPMotorsports.com for about $110 shipped (I think thats what I paid but dont remember). The kit comes with everything you need to do a proper install (Bulbs, ballast, bulb holders etc). For the install you can do it yourself and it does not require the removal of bumber. You can pull the headlights out with only partially pulling the bumber out on the corners to get the lights out as I've done. Took me about an hour goofing around and checking out other things but can easily be done in about 30-45 minutes. Having HID's in the halogen house is very much frowned up because of the wasted light not beign used and the glare that it causes blinding on coming traffic. Yes I have the same set up but my lights are slighty aimed down to eliminate the glare until I do my full quad projector retrofit. I didnt take any pics when I did my install but it is fairly easy to complete

definatley useful info. so i dont need ANYTHING else aside form what comes in that kit you recommended? i heard from a few people that there may be flickering and error warnings on the display. also, did you have to connect any wires to the battery?

VWghost26

Ready to race!
DDM tuning has a great 35w ballast kit thats supposed to be great quality and no codes I believe. But as stated its not the best set up to be putting them in halogen headlights. You're going to blind all of the oncoming traffic. But if you don't care about others' well being than give er'. Its a good kit.

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
definatley useful info. so i dont need ANYTHING else aside form what comes in that kit you recommended? i heard from a few people that there may be flickering and error warnings on the display. also, did you have to connect any wires to the battery?

Nope, just make sure you get the RFB kit that has the bulb adapters and your set. The kit doesnt throw any codes and for flickering, I havent experienced any whatsoever. I used to tap connectors to tap the power and ground wires on the headlight harness outside of the headlight. I believe the yellow wire with blue stripe is the low beam positive and the brown is the ground wire. I will double check to make sure but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope, just make sure you get the RFB kit that has the bulb adapters and your set. The kit doesnt throw any codes and for flickering, I havent experienced any whatsoever. I used to tap connectors to tap the power and ground wires on the headlight harness outside of the headlight. I believe the yellow wire with blue stripe is the low beam positive and the brown is the ground wire. I will double check to make sure but please correct me if I'm wrong.
i watched the video provided on the website. it seems to be quite easy to install and looks like it is going to be great quality. i have already purchased them and they are on their way. i will post some pics of the install and end result. thank for the info Gti_guy86.

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
^^^^No problem glad I could help.

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
^^^As far as I know, no you dont need them. I only have them in my fogs with no problems but others here on the site have them on thier low beams with no issues.