GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Thread: Now with 150% More Daily Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
:happyanim:
I might be in!
Can a bike fit in our hatch witht the seats down? I havent investes in a rack yet.

Pull the front wheel and it will fit just fine, or if your short you sit closer ad ride a smaller bike you an fit it with the wheel on. I'm 6'2" and I fit with a bike in the car.

DBest, do you ride a road bike, or just MTB?

I sold my road bike and bought a cyclocross bike (it's a more durable version of a road bike with meatier tires but smaller then mountain bike tires). Think road bike you can ride on dirt and gravel as well. I ride it to and from work mostly, I don't ride on pavement for fun if I can help it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Haha my work is racing at black hawk farms Sunday, all the race cars are gonna be out there, might be able to drive one if porsches if I go they said :D

blackhawk is awesome, you should definitely go and take pics!

Ryan, that video is pretty sweet. Looks doable! (i think).

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
Haha he'll ya I think I might go:D anyone wanna go with me? If so you can cruise with me in my car or something, I know it's my co worker, and my 14 yr old bro riding up in my car If I go

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
you all wearing helmets or?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
awesome. whats the event for / who's it run by?

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
Porsche club I guess, and it's a public event, all my co workers are racing their fully modded bmws with all the porsches

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
that sounds pretty sweet. I wont be able to go, but you should definitely go! ;)

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Lol does CVO still have their weekly meets? I used to go to those... but now Im all talk.

Yes, CVO still does their weekly events. I believe the last meet at Portillos may be the third week in October, and then the last cruise is at the Vernon Hills Jason's Deli on the last Friday of October. Then, it'll probably be a once a month meet during the winter like last year.

that sounds pretty sweet. I wont be able to go, but you should definitely go! ;)

Right? Sounds like it'll be a very good time.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of meeting up, did we halfway decide on a time for pictures? I saw Sunday evening for something, but day time pictures will be better if we can find an area to shoot at. This weekend isn't going to work for me though. I plan on painting my wheels today or tomorrow, watching the games tomorrow, etc.

And now weeks are going to be tied up for me as I have a Monday-Friday "real" job. Maybe one of these Saturday's?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Speaking of meeting up, did we halfway decide on a time for pictures? I saw Sunday evening for something, but day time pictures will be better if we can find an area to shoot at. This weekend isn't going to work for me though. I plan on painting my wheels today or tomorrow, watching the games tomorrow, etc.

And now weeks are going to be tied up for me as I have a Monday-Friday "real" job. Maybe one of these Saturday's?

I want to try and get to one of the meets soon. For pics - this sunday night? where at again, Schaumpton?

I think I am gonna go tmrrw haha

:clap::w00t: as you should! it will get you hooked man.. track time is awesome.

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
I want to try and get to one of the meets soon. For pics - this sunday night? where at again, Schaumpton?

:clap::w00t: as you should! it will get you hooked man.. track time is awesome.

Haha hell yes, hopefully I'll get the owner to let me race one of the cars haha

Status
Not open for further replies.