GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluefin ECU

koas_005

Hi,

I am about to take delivery of my new Mk6 GTI and was wondering whether its worth upgrading to a Bluefin ECU. I was thinking of a stage 2 which I assume provides the most power etc.

A couple of questions.

1. I use my car for daily driving - as such, is the car still ok for daily driving or does the ECU make it a tougher daily drive ?

2. Is it really that easy to upgrade the ECU ? and then downgrade without anyone knowing ?

3. When I take it for service, should I be reseting the ECU so I dont have warranty problems ?

4. Is there a better ECU upgrade I should consider ?

Thoughts/comments/suggestions?

Cheers
Nick

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
Bluefin ftw

come down to wollongong and i will take you for a spin :) stage 2 ;)

i can tell you everything you need to know about bluefin :)

koas_005

Thats funny. I live in the shire and purchased the car from the wollongong dealer, so when I take delivery, I might take you up on that.

Out of interest, what bluetooth do you have (if any)

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
Depends on your dealer. I told mine to not ever dare to put the new ecu encryption stuff on or i will cut his balls. and he wont so all good :D haha

so im all good :)

Wont ever regret it though :) very sexy.

John from southern classic cars is a awesome bloke :)

Q8_TwinTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I am about to take delivery of my new Mk6 GTI and was wondering whether its worth upgrading to a Bluefin ECU. I was thinking of a stage 2 which I assume provides the most power etc.

A couple of questions.

1. I use my car for daily driving - as such, is the car still ok for daily driving or does the ECU make it a tougher daily drive ?

2. Is it really that easy to upgrade the ECU ? and then downgrade without anyone knowing ?

3. When I take it for service, should I be reseting the ECU so I dont have warranty problems ?

4. Is there a better ECU upgrade I should consider ?

Thoughts/comments/suggestions?

Cheers
Nick

koas_005,

I have installed the bluefin, and what a difference it made. I also have a couple of bolt on on the car, ie. APR iiercooler, Milltek turboback exhaust, Carbonio stage II air intake etc. The biggest power realised was from the bluefin.

Driveability is the same as stock. No change until you get on the gas pedal.

It is very easy to install.

I would reccomend you reset (installing stock map) the software when taking your car to the dealership.

There are a number of other options out there, none that are DIY.

koas_005

There are a number of other options out there, none that are DIY.

This is what is the most appealing feature - the fact that I can put it on and off myself whenever it suits without having to book it in somewhere.

Somewhat concerned about not being able to upgrade it as my car may have the new model hardware, but will probably give it a go when I get the car in a few weeks!