GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm going flippin' nuts.....

Boo1

Ready to race!
So the original plan was I order a 2011 MKVI in May, receive it in August. Then I saw the option packages for the 2011 MY. New plan... find the car I want now.

Found it. 2010. CSG, 4DR, 6MT, sunroof, bi-xenon. I wanted the Dynaudio too, but no dice. That I can live without.

I should be getting this car hopefully Monday afternoon, if not, then Tuesday I'd imagine. Thing is, I was thinking I'd be getting my GTI in August- now, luck of all luck I'm getting it in 2, maybe 3 days... thing is...ITS KILLING ME TO WAIT EVEN 12 HOURS AT THIS POINT!!!!

Yeah. I'm a little excited.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
...so excited that you posted in the wrong forum :laugh:

Boo1

Ready to race!
...so excited that you posted in the wrong forum :laugh:

I blame that more on the meth than the excitement.

Hahaha, holy crap. Just saw this is in photos, spyshots, etc.

:lol::laugh::lol:

Hmmm. Excitement + martinis = ooops.

Sorry.

I'll make it up in a day or two when I post pics of the most awesome GTI ever.

golfgti_tr

Ready to race!
I ordered mine on 4th of April and get probably next weekend, same here, it is killing me to wait...enjoy your ride, do not forget to post few photos.

RenGTI

Awesome! 2010 is the way to go. I'm waiting for mine...its going on about 75 days now, it is on its way to MI now.... :)

Boo - i'm moving to boston in July so we need to have a little GTI get together

Boo1

Ready to race!
I wouldn't say I was turned off by the 2011, so much as just annoyed with VW for changing the way the options were arranged. Two thing in particular- I did not want 18" Detroits (which is the standard wheel for 2011), and I did not want a NAV. But I absolutely wanted the HID lights, so in order to get those I'd end up with wheels and a NAV I didn't want.

If I was not able to find a 2010 optioned to my liking, I would've probably just ordered the 2011. But I found a car that has everything I wanted but the Dynaudio, and that is the easiest of all the options for me to go without.

I should be getting it Wednesday morning.

koolgreen

Ready to race!
Any news on what might be new for 2011?
Not just how they arrange the packages, but maybe the LED tail lights or door sills or stuff like that............

DanielStevenMKVI

Ready to race!
Any news on what might be new for 2011?
Not just how they arrange the packages, but maybe the LED tail lights or door sills or stuff like that............

Considering they made the Mk6 with the intent on making a cheaper to manufacture vehicle, I highly doubt they'll be adding too much to the 2011. IF they do...loook out overheads.

koolgreen

Ready to race!
Considering they made the Mk6 with the intent on making a cheaper to manufacture vehicle, I highly doubt they'll be adding too much to the 2011. IF they do...loook out overheads.

Not necessarily.
In the past, each year adds a few gimme's to attract buyers.
Not new, as it is almost customary on the audi stuff.

andreas1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the original plan was I order a 2011 MKVI in May, receive it in August. Then I saw the option packages for the 2011 MY. New plan... find the car I want now.

Where did you find the options for the 2011. Cuz i've been wondering that myself, whether to get a 2010 now or wait for a 2011... But I'm afraid that the options might change which would piss me off, cuz if i want xenons, i don't wanna have to pay for navigation or some other crap too. >.<