GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TPMS Error - 2010 GTI

THX-1138

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow! Just got the same thing this afternoon! Did not have it in the morning. Is this a coincidence? I purchased my GTI almost 30 days to the day! Lucky me that I already have an appointment with the VW Svc. dpt. tomorrow morning to replace a faulty "passenger side sun visor" (vanity light does not turn on). If it is a software issue, why did it take a month to manifest itself? All tires have the recommended 38 PSI for the 18" Detroit for 4 weeks without problem.:iono:

edk

TPMS

i have the same problem. i putted 40 psi on each tire and the light won't go off. i have an appointment for tuesday what have been the solutions so that i can let know to the service guy??

thanks

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
I was told it wasnt set up properly at the factory//

edk

does anyone knows if when an APR dealer installs the apr stage 1 they also use VAG COM to eliminate any type of light in the car? the reason why i am asking is because i saw the guy using the VAG COM software and a day after my installation my TPMS turned on so i dont know if this is supposed to happen? or if the APR dealer forgot to clear out my TPMS light. thanks in advanced.

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
does anyone knows if when an APR dealer installs the apr stage 1 they also use VAG COM to eliminate any type of light in the car? the reason why i am asking is because i saw the guy using the VAG COM software and a day after my installation my TPMS turned on so i dont know if this is supposed to happen? or if the APR dealer forgot to clear out my TPMS light. thanks in advanced.

I'd have to guess that if they were running the VAG-COM on your car after the APR stg. 1 upgrade that they might clear any sporadic faults that might arise from installation. But I'd be willing to bet that they interrogated/cleared fault memories of relevant CM's. TPMS probably isn't one of them, and I don't see what that installation would do to affect your TPMS in any fashion. It's still possible I suppose, you wouldn't believe the TPMS problems I've encountered with the early Phaeton/Touareg/CGT.

edk

thank you for your info mk05-hj09 i was thinking the same if i had a check engine light that might have been due to the stage 1 flas. I dont either think that the flash the cause of the problem but i wanted to make sure that there was no relation between the flash and the TPMS light thanks.

joema2

Ready to race!
If you have a reflashed ECU (APR, GIAC, etc), will the dealer "reflash" to fix the TMPS issue overwrite that?

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
If you have a reflashed ECU (APR, GIAC, etc), will the dealer "reflash" to fix the TMPS issue overwrite that?

No, the dealer will only either do a TPMS CM specific re-coding or software update, which will only involve interrogating all CM fault memories before any module alterations, and then re-running GFF (guided fault finding) to clear any sporadic faults which can arise during software updates. If they're simply re-coding the TPMS module, no faults should occur unless the coding makes it unavailable to other modules on the CAN (controller area nework) bus.

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
thank you for your info mk05-hj09 i was thinking the same if i had a check engine light that might have been due to the stage 1 flas. I dont either think that the flash the cause of the problem but i wanted to make sure that there was no relation between the flash and the TPMS light thanks.

Hey, no problem. You should be good to go, sounds like two separate issues to me.

daihard

Ready to race!
It will require a trip to the dealer for a software fix.

Thanks, I got the same problem this morning. I just picked the car up yesterday! :confused:

I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday. I'll let them know that it's a known issue that requires a software fix. :)

THX-1138

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally mine was fixed this morning at the dealer. In short, the tech. replaced a "sensor" and updated/reset the firmware to resolve the issue. I also had the rear washer "drip" resolved; I will see if the drip issue has been solved once and for all.

Regards,

Nikolai

VWVic

Passed Driver's Ed
I had this problem, took my car up right up to the dealer- I hate lit-up warning lights on my dash. It took a bit to fix, basically the computer suddenly decided that all tires needed 70-something psi, so no matter what the tires had they were going to come up short. The service guy had to enter the correct settings into the computer for each wheel individually though- he couldn't reset them all at once. An hour and a half later I was out of there, and one month later everything is still ok...

-V

GrimJack

Just got my TPMS fixed

My TPMS came on the day after I bought the car 3 months ago.

Would blink as soon as I turned the car on for a minute or two and then stay solid. No other messages.

Anyway, I called the dealer ahead of my 3 month courtesy check and told them about it (I tried everything people suggested on these forums and elsewhere and gave up).

Here's what they did if anyone is interested:

- Tire pressure light is on
Cause: CODED TPMS PER TECH BULL
01500000 GFF/GUIDED FUNCTIONS

2849 TIRE LIGHT RUN GUIEDED FAULT FINDING FOR FAULT AND RECODE CONTROL MODULE PER TECH BULLIN

It's fixed now and I'm happy. The guy said it wasn't "coded" right.