GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

revo cost advantage

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for saying this for me.

In the 335i world, tuners would give you a special deal if you came from their competitors tune... hint hint revo

Seriously? How often do you change maps? Sure, it takes up to a minute, but there is no equipment to loose or break either. You should probably know if you can get 93 octane and get it there all the time, or else get 91 octane, as opposed to switching back and forth. Not to mention every time you change maps, your ECU has to got through adaptation again.

It just seems odd that somebody would be switching often enough that it's become a massive inconvenience. :iono:

I don't change maps that often but when I found the need to. I always had trouble with my APR tune. First I had to relearn which buttons on the cruise stalk did what. I would then have to find paper work or think hard to remember if 1 flash meant stock map or if it was 91 octane map etc.... Beyond that its just plain stupid to use 1 light to determine which map your on, to tell you if the ecu is locked, to tell you if the map you selected was set... you get the point. So after all those flashes and counting them. I always doubted I was on the correct map.

Now how I would've made it, CEL means map1, left arrow is map2, right arrow map 3, both left & right arrow means map 4... Simple and to the point, never second guessing if things actually were saved.

Just like you can break a SPS or whatever GIAC calls their switcher, I'm sure you can break the cruise stalk as well.

I normally pump 91 but sometimes I got extra cash to spend so I mix 100octane with 91 and enable my 93octane map... Down the road I'll probably get a W/M kit and run the 100oct map 24/7 but if I'm on the road and run out of meth, I'll just change the map to 91octane until I can fill the tank again.

So ya in my world, its better to have a easy quick way of changing maps without spending 30 minutes to figure how its done.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I always had trouble with my APR tune. First I had to relearn which buttons on the cruise stalk did what. I would then have to find paper work or think hard to remember if 1 flash meant stock map or if it was 91 octane map etc....

Now how I would've made it, CEL means map1, left arrow is map2, right arrow map 3, both left & right arrow means map 4... Simple and to the point, never second guessing if things actually were saved.

And you wouldn't have to get your paperwork to remember what the left arrow meant? you can't remember 2 flashes but you can remember left arrow right arrow? ;) LOL

I kid, I kid, it's joke!

I've had my tune 3 months, I have switched it once. I can tell you my maps and flashes without looking at my paperwork, I also have my 4 digit code memorized. Seriously, it's not rocket science. :laugh:

Doesn't matter, This is why we have competition. What's right for me is not right for you, and someone else may not like either option.

The external switcher is a cool idea, no doubt there, and I think that is why APR thought about trying the smartphone app which sadly has not materialized.

Why people have to argue and try to convince people that THEIR tune is their RIGHT tune and everyone that disagrees with them is an idiot is beyond me.

Live, tune, drive. :D

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I always had trouble with my APR tune. First I had to relearn which buttons on the cruise stalk did what. I would then have to find paper work or think hard to remember if 1 flash meant stock map or if it was 91 octane map etc.... Beyond that its just plain stupid to use 1 light to determine which map your on, to tell you if the ecu is locked, to tell you if the map you selected was set... you get the point. So after all those flashes and counting them. I always doubted I was on the correct map.

I find your idea of some random light means some tune much more confusing. I'm surprised you have trouble remembering how to do such a simple task. They go in order of least to most powerful (unless you have valet at the end). I'd get frustrated if I couldn't remember simple stuff like that.

Gti-mrk6

Ready to race!
The truth is there are too many apr fanboys on this forum. The other truth is revo is faster for less $$$. Lol
KIDDING!!! BOTH tunes are great!!! Flip a coin and get it over with! Either way you win.

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
The truth is there are too many apr fanboys on this forum. The other truth is revo is faster for less $$$. Lol
KIDDING!!! BOTH tunes are great!!! Flip a coin and get it over with! Either way you win.

are you fucking serious right now ?
There only 2 guys in this thread with APR including me and we telling you that we are ready to jump the ship...and you bringing "APR fanboy" crap. Do you read ?

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
There only 2 guys in this thread with APR including me and we telling you that we are ready to jump the ship...and you bringing "APR fanboy" crap. Do you read ?

I'm sure REVO is great, and I'd be just as happy with that. I don't really care what anybody gets (I got APR because the local tuner is convenient and well known). So I have APR — just got it, and I'm as happy as can be. I posted above... twice. I'm not saying jack about jumping ship... do YOU read? :iono:

QUEDRO

Ready to race!
I'm sure REVO is great, and I'd be just as happy with that. I don't really care what anybody gets (I got APR because the local tuner is convenient and well known). So I have APR — just got it, and I'm as happy as can be. I posted above... twice. I'm not saying jack about jumping ship... do YOU read? :iono:

Did I quote you ?

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Did I quote you ?

No, I quoted you: "There only 2 guys in this thread with APR including me and we telling you that we are ready to jump the ship" — and pointed out you are incorrect and didn't read it right. I read you comment and thought "hey, I posted in here, have APR, and didn't say anything about jumping ship." No big deal... :iono:

Gti-mrk6

Ready to race!

In this FORUM, not thread, do YOU read?
Anyway, relax dont get your panties in a bunch, it was just a joke. ;)

yukoncornelius

Ready to race!
Ha my thread has taken off....

I went with revo... 399 and i found a dealer that doesn't charge labor... C's Autohaus in Dayton = awesome. So pretty much 399 plus tax is an amazing deal!! Only bad thing is I have to go back because when I went and we read my ecu...revo didn't have my ecu in their system (too new) ..bummerhowever they turned around a new tune next day!

Finding a dealer that doesn't charge labor is the big money saver.

Gti-mrk6

Ready to race!
Ha my thread has taken off....

I went with revo... 399 and i found a dealer that doesn't charge labor... C's Autohaus in Dayton = awesome. So pretty much 399 plus tax is an amazing deal!! Only bad thing is I have to go back because when I went and we read my ecu...revo didn't have my ecu in their system (too new) ..bummerhowever they turned around a new tune next day!

Finding a dealer that doesn't charge labor is the big money saver.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
awesome price dude, agreed!

beatcop818

Ready to race!
Yeah, i purchased REVO stage 1 a few months ago at the $399 price point also. They did charge $100 labor because with the 2011's they have to open the ECU in order to then flash using OBD2 port. Love REVO, going stage 2 in the next few weeks after i have my ATP DP installed.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
To the OP — that's a hell of a good deal. You're going to love what Stage 1 software does to this car! :thumbsup: