GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

steering wheel off centered?

RatherBeInCabo

Ready to race!
I feel mine is perfectly centered in relation to the driver's seat. I have heard BMW owners mention this as well quite often as I used yo hang out on the bimmer forums. Just have the dealer take a look at it.

r56mcs

Ready to race!
Mine is maybe off 1cm off to the left but the car tracks straight so "I won't mess with it because it might result in bigger problems".

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
do any of you feel like the steering wheel is off centered and should be moved to the right for about 1-2 inches?

I feel mine is perfectly centered in relation to the driver's seat.

Are we talking about the position of the steering wheel? Or the angle?

ie. are you saying when you sit in your seat, the steering wheel isn't directly in front of you? Or are you saying you have to constantly turn right for the car to drive straight?

daihard

Ready to race!
I feel mine is perfectly centered in relation to the driver's seat. I have heard BMW owners mention this as well quite often as I used yo hang out on the bimmer forums. Just have the dealer take a look at it.

The steering wheel of my old E46 M3 was about an inch off to the right. I don't see the same issue with the MKVI GTI.

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
do any of you feel like the steering wheel is off centered and should be moved to the right for about 1-2 inches? I read about 1 guy here that had the dealer do it, I wonder if I can do it myself and if so, how?

Mine seems dead nuts right on the money. Do you mean it's off center like a bad alignment job where they didn't TDC your steering wheel, that sort of thing?

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
I think I exagerated with the 2 inches, it's probably like 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch, it's just not centered on the dash, if i look straight at it, i see more tachometer/dash on the right than on the left, it just needs to be moved to the right a little bit, i wish it could be adjusted like it can be done vertically.

moltenlava

Mine was severely off centered initially. I brought it back to the dealer next day and have them recenter. It's mostly fine, but still not dead center. Also GTI steering wheel feels a little vague at the center, and that probably accentuate slight off centered feel.

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
do any of you feel like the steering wheel is off centered and should be moved to the right for about 1-2 inches?
Has it always been like this or have to clipped a kurb or something? My wheel has always been straight ahead. ;)