GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM clutch option?

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
Just trying to think outside the box here as it seems like we are limited in our clutch options. With the mk4 guys, they used to put the vr6 clutch into the 1.8t. Would it be feasible to put the RS4 clutch, in our gtis? Why can't ECS or someone piece together an OEM kit for cheaper than an aftermarket alternative. I don't know much about making it all fit, but maybe this is possible?

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Ra4/ES5486/

DarkCloak

Banned
Just trying to think outside the box here as it seems like we are limited in our clutch options. With the mk4 guys, they used to put the vr6 clutch into the 1.8t. Would it be feasible to put the RS4 clutch, in our gtis? Why can't ECS or someone piece together an OEM kit for cheaper than an aftermarket alternative. I don't know much about making it all fit, but maybe this is possible?

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Ra4/ES5486/

No definately not doable. They are entirely different engines and trannies. THe RS4 has a V8 with a transverse layout.

A better bet would be to get a Scirocco R clutch from the European market. Plus, euro market clutches typically are stiffer with higher ratings then a=ours and the engine comed with 70more hp stock. It
may not work but it may.

spessx

Ready to race!
No definately not doable. They are entirely different engines and trannies. THe RS4 has a V8 with a transverse layout.

A better bet would be to get a Scirocco R clutch from the European market. Plus, euro market clutches typically are stiffer with higher ratings then a=ours and the engine comed with 70more hp stock. It
may not work but it may.

The scirocco R is an FSI motor. The clutch won't fit.

-s

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
i guess maybe when the mkvii comes out with any new tsi based motor, it would be something to look out for clutch wise

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
Nothing that I know of would fit. Someone one here got a Southbend TTRS clutch or was it just a TTS? Order mix up or something. In either case he installed it and it cracked his whole Transmission up pretty spectacularly. Just save up for Southbend GTI please :) the silent design is awesome!

spessx

Ready to race!
Nothing that I know of would fit. Someone one here got a Southbend TTRS clutch or was it just a TTS? Order mix up or something. In either case he installed it and it cracked his whole Transmission up pretty spectacularly. Just save up for Southbend GTI please :) the silent design is awesome!

I'm running the southbend disc only in my 2010. It's great because it's silent just like stock, you retain the stock clutch feel but you can feel the extra bite. It's also less than half the price of the clutch it. Southbend rates them capable of holding over 400hp.

-s

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
that's all well and good, but I'd be wary of the stock dual mass flywheel shitting the bed.. mine was sloppy when I took it out