GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enter @ Own Risk

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
OT
Did anyone find out when the GTI is out in Germany? I know its on the website now but is there a release date on there or is it out now?

GTI2007

I heard week 14 for the first GTI's to appear in the showrooms

PS: Just made my 1,000th post in this forum:happyanim:

GTI2007

I'm not that interested in the regular GTI cause I really want the R-GTI which is how the regular GTI should have been with the MK5 already IMO

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
well im still not sure what im going to do to tell you the truth.
The way roadtax is worked out in the UK in Co2 bands and the way the goverment is going to hammer top level cars in the coming years the 170g/km of the GTI v 199g/km of the GTIR maybe a big consideration. Also as most my miles are now commute miles the added ~40bhp (100Kg heavier 4WD system and more transmission losses equates to maybe 40bhp extra in real terms) and the added turbo lag of the bigger turbo so less low down responce ie the same as the S3 has, may not be an advantage to me at all.
I have to work out the pros and cons of both with both my sensible and non hats on.

GTI2007

The rumours are that the GTI-R is going to weigh almost the same as the regular GTI because of some weight reductions (according to the carmagazine article)

GTI2007

We here in Belgium pay taxes for the amount of cc the car has so in my case there's no difference between the GTI and the R-GTI

GTI2007

How on earth would VW else claim it to go from 0-62 mph between 5.0 and 5.5 when you know that the S3 does it in 5.7 seconds

GTI2007

I would put money on the weight reduction not happening.

By doing that they would put even more pressure on the other car companies to try and make a better car cause right now most of the competitors are fwd cars like for example the Ford Focus RS and the new Renaultsport Megane 250.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
How on earth would VW else claim it to go from 0-62 mph between 5.0 and 5.5 when you know that the S3 does it in 5.7 seconds

I did not say it would not be lighter than the S3. The S3 is loaded with kit and has alot of other things making it much heavier for example than the 2.0T quattro. Also the tested figures are different to the quoted. Also It may use the TTS engine spec rather than the S3 one so 272PS and the arodynamics play a part as the TTS specs shows quote from audi
"And, with the optional S tronic transmission, you can accelerate from rest to 62mph in just 5.2 seconds in the TTS quattro Coupé, and in 5.4 seconds in the TTS quattro Roadster, before reaching a top speed of 155mph (electronically limited)."
Also were does VW claim it will do those figures they have not even said it exists! They are simply Jounos guessing!