GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has anyone replaced their GTI exhaust tips?

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I'm liking the look of these, anyone know what they are? I think they suit the car nicely with it's straighter lines.

Edit: just saw this post saying they are custom made by VW guys.

Last edited:

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!
I have the AWE oval tips ones which are a little fatter and less stretched, and yes they fill out the rear valence/diffuser (forget which one).

But what I was getting at was the stock ones are welded on, pretty much the whole exhaust is one piece. I know you can do it, but I think you would have to hack the stock tips off.

poltergest

:wosschilder980:Dear all,

i perfectly remember because i read it somewhere that those tips installed by VW apprendiciast belong to the VW Touareg (don't know what version).

Do you you think it would be easy to put them on..? How many other changes do you think are needed to fit them in??

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I'd really like to get my hands on some, as I'm only planning to do a downpipe/cat upgrade not a cat back exhaust.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking about getting a custom muffler delete done and want to go with a nice set of angled tips, kind of like the borla double walled angled tips or something like the ones on the apr exhaust. I think if I do it, I'm going to get flanges welded on everything so I can swap back to the stock muffler if I want to (maybe for a long trip or something where I don't want the exhaust as loud all the time, haha).

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I did get find the picture on this forum, can't recall the topic though but thought the tips look awesome and much better than round one.

Need those LED's too!

munkey

Ready to race!
I bumped the other thread might as well bump this one too.

Any idea on what exhaust this is would be awesome.

munkey

Ready to race!
while driving around today I noticed that the x5 has similar exhaust tips. Maybe this is a possible substitute, considering the pic above is a custom job:

Thoughts? Opinions?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Meh...I like the circular tip look. They fit the lines of the rear.