GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sucks To Roll Hard

ottawaP5

Ready to race!
I guess they invented reverse cameras for people like the ones that backed into your car.

Pains me to see that.

My2ndGTI

Ready to race!
I had the same thing happen to me in a parking lot at university many years. It was my Honda Civic. I always try to find a big spot away from other cars when I can. Good exercise. But sometimes you can't find a safe spot and some a__hole smacks your car. Sorry that happened to you man.:(

jokerific

Ready to race!
Ughhh that blows. I hate when people screw with your car for no reason. Once some biatch parked her car touching my rear bumper.. touching so much, in fact, that my car got scratched when I sat down in it due to the suspension compressing. Arghhh. There were a TON of empty spaces in the neighborhood. I left a note on her windshield and made a mental note to never park by her house again...

SargeMKVI

Semper Fi!
Orlando = Suckhole of Florida filled with people that think this country owes them something....................... and very bad drivers.

Thank God I leave this pathetic soiled piece this weekend.

I hope you get it fixed soon man.

KanDyWyte1

Ready to race!
Orlando = Suckhole of Florida filled with people that think this country owes them something....................... and very bad drivers.

Thank God I leave this pathetic soiled piece this weekend.

I hope you get it fixed soon man.

:eek: Damn brah! I would punch a child if I came out to see that! :paddle: It feels like that sense of entitlement is throughout Florida (at least SoFlo as well). More reason for me to park in the outskirts... even though that isn't full proof, it at least minimizes my risk of this.. because lets face it, it's probably the result of some old lady that doesn't know what day it is.. let alone her vehicle clearance to others.

I'm sure insurance will pick it up... but you will most likely have a deductible ($500 for me)... thats $$$ out your pocket for something you didn't do = less money for mods = buuuuuuuullshit.

mikochu

boogerface
Sorry I haven't replied. I've been busy with work, and now my extended weekend.

I had my car checked out at the Rick Case Collision Center in South Florida. I picked Rick Case in South Florida because my sister has worked for Rick Case for years, and they are Allstate's pro shop in the area. Yes, it's 240ish miles from my house in Orlando, but I have more pull at Rick Case than any other shop. I'll probably drive back down to SoFla to drop it off later next week.

+1 definately see if they have anything on video. @#$@#$@#$ wow I'm pissed. Seriously, I'm sorry this happened to you, it looks pretty bad and looks like the dog leg (structural) might be damaged. I do hope your insurance doesn't give you too much problems with this and gets it covered.

What do you mean by dog leg? Without taking anything off, my driver-side fender, door, rear view mirror (bottom plastic), and wheel were scratched/dented. The wheel has a quarter to half inch scratch on it, but the quoter said they wouldn't be able to replace it. However, they'd give me some type of cosmetic reimbursement.

Luckily, the car seems to drives fine. I forget I was in an accident until I open the door, where the door rubs on the fender.

Mike, didn't know you picked up a MKVI... shame I had to find out this way, though.

Hey Zillion! Yeah, man... After the xA, I bought an Si Sedan. Not even a year later, I traded it in for the 2010 GTI. I love my hatches :)

If all goes well after they replace the parts, I think I'll be keeping this car for a long time. *hugs his car*

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
What do you mean by dog leg? Without taking anything off, my driver-side fender, door, rear view mirror (bottom plastic), and wheel were scratched/dented. The wheel has a quarter to half inch scratch on it, but the quoter said they wouldn't be able to replace it. However, they'd give me some type of cosmetic reimbursement.

That is complete BS about the wheel. I've worked at my dad's body shop for like 6 years now and we've replaced several wheels over fairly slight blemishes. I would definitely fight for getting a brand new wheel depending on how much that "reimbursement" is.

Hell for $100 your insurance could have the wheel refinished by keystone and they do a really good job, one of my friends had 3 of his mercedes AMG wheels done by them and the only difference is the outside of the lip had a sharpish edge where the factory ones were rounded.

mikochu

boogerface
That is complete BS about the wheel. I've worked at my dad's body shop for like 6 years now and we've replaced several wheels over fairly slight blemishes. I would definitely fight for getting a brand new wheel depending on how much that "reimbursement" is.

Hell for $100 your insurance could have the wheel refinished by keystone and they do a really good job, one of my friends had 3 of his mercedes AMG wheels done by them and the only difference is the outside of the lip had a sharpish edge where the factory ones were rounded.

They said $100 bucks off my deductible. With a $500 deductible, minus $100 for the cosmetic blemish on the wheel, and $200 for two years without an accident, my deductible will be 200 bucks...not bad?

You can see the blemish in the last photo:

It's on the top spoke, to the left. I can see that happening when I mount to tires to it, but *shrug*

xola3que

euroturd
People always laff at me for parking miles away from the storefront and walk. Coz I see this shit all the time. The worst drivers are Moms and seniors. They just have no sense of judgments whatsoever.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
I hope you weren't parked in a crowded parking area. I always park three miles away from the rest of the cars in the parking lot just to avoid something like this--well, only when i leave my car unattended.

Sorry to see this damage. Same thing happened to my brothers 2009 Jetta on his left rear quarter panel, ironically, while he was in his insurance agent's office's parking lot to take car of another claim: terrible sh*t.

:thumbdown:

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
this really sucks ass I would go on a head hunt if this happened to my car :fighting0030: