GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Options

Blaze182

Ready to race!
Hey there everyone, didn't want to double post or bump my other thread, and this is sort of a topic on its own, so I thought I'd make a thread where we can discuss the features on the new GTI =]

Firstly, I have some questions.

I know the standard Golf models have the option of electronic folding side mirrors, but is that standard on the GTI? Or part of a package? I cant seem to find it in the brochure =/ And to me it'd be pretty stupid not to mention it as a feature OR an option. I may have overlooked it, but I've checked over and over and I cant seem to find the thing =/

Also, do you guys rekon we're likely to see an upgraded DSG gearbox to a 7 speed within 12 months? Or is that gonna be a long time in-progress thing? haha.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
DSG no as the 7 cannot take the torque.

As for options heres the packs we get in the uk.

LUX PACK = folding mirrors + kerb view on passenger mirror

Winter pack = headlamp washers + heated seats + heated washer jets + fluid level warning light.

Storage pack = under seat trays + luggage net under parcel shelf and boot floor.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
May also interest a few here so i will post this info. (i hope i type this right i take no liability for it been wrong lol use it as a guide only)

Prices UK prices in UK pound steerling

GTI 3 door £22410
GTI 3 door DSG £23715
GTI 5 door £22995
GTI 5 door DSG £24300

Options with UK prices in UK pound steerling.

Monza shadow 18" wheels £415
Metallic/pearl paint £395
Leather interior £1675
Side airbags rear seats £235
ACC adaptive chassis control £705
Sunroof £550
Auto hold function (manual gearbox only as standard on DSG) £80
Cruise control £210
Storage pack = under seat trays + luggage net under parcel shelf and boot floor. £65
Winter pack = headlamp washers + heated seats + heated washer jets + fluid level warning light £340 or with leather option £235
Lux pack = folding mirrors + kerb view on passenger mirror £115
Flat tyre indicator £35
Fixed price service plan £225
DVD nav £1570
DVD nav + 6 disc £1825
DVD nav + Dynaudio pack £1900
DVD + 6 disc + Dynaudio pack £2155
RCD 510 £338
RCD 510 + dynaudio pack £680
DAB radio upgrade £55
Multi media device £315 (USB + IPOD cables included)
Telephone prep (bluetooth (rSAP))£380
Parking sensors Front and rear £390
Park assist (inc Front and rear parking sensors) £460
Park assist + rear view camera £610
Rear view camera £150

Last edited:

Blaze182

Ready to race!
Wow, thats awesome, really helpful stuff Snoopy =]

For those Aussies around the forum, if you want to get a rough estimate in australian dollars, obviously dont bother using the xe.com to convert, we've been bouncing up and down by 15 cents for a few months now.

So simply take the figure Snoopy provided and multiply it by 1.77 to get a rough estimate... its rough, but that figure replicates some of the prices I know to be correct. :thumbsup:

Do you know if the Scirocco was given a 7 speed DSG?

Is it just me, or does the Sat Nav seem excessively priced? As much as I want it, it does seem excessive...

Has anyone ever heard of, or tried.. or listened to Dynaudio? I never heard of the company, any good?

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Dynaudio is a very well respected audio company. Quite a few recording studios use there pro speakers as nearfield references. Its a very very highly regarded company in the audio field in pro,home and automotive.
IMHO as an audiophile who has heard the scirrocco and Passat with the dynaudio upgrades its a step up from oem and compared to aftermarket its a good price as an example dynaudio aftermarket is +£1000..
The passat though is much better than the scirocco due to its better driver size and setup. The passat lacks real bottom end below ~30Hz and the topend is not quite as extended as i like. I also don't always agree with the settings they picked on the DSP eq but its a v.good oem upgrade system.
The scirocco is more limited on the bottomend due to the smaller 6.5" driver size and the amount of drivers used. Its not reel highend but its a step up from most optional oem system like blows oops sorry bose.
Most people imo will love it.
Dynaudio has a reputation for laid back mellow sound so don't expect in your face with lots of bass and trebble. Its the type of sound you think is not loud until you try and talk to someone lol. Very home audio like.
www.dynaudio.com

PS and Xenons from week 22 iirc.

Last edited:

Blaze182

Ready to race!
Ah, thanks heaps for the Dynaudio info, gonna check up some more on them now... looks like they're a must upgrade then :D

What do you mean by "PS and Xenons from week 22 iirc. "?

Most of the upgrades are damn good value, the only thing I'm struggling to justify is the sat nav. Looks cool and all, I do need it, gah, haha, just not sure. I'll have to have alook at it when its released here.

For now the Dynaudio gives me enough to look at :D haha

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
I ment to add to the list of options in post #3 that Xenon headlights will be a option for the GTI from around week 22 in europe so end of about May. No idea on price yet.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
As an option, Volkswagen is offering the Golf GTI with completely redesigned bi-xenon headlights, including dynamic curve lighting. The headlights swivel through a steering radius of up to 13 degrees to the outside and seven degrees to the inside. The styling of the headlights closely matches the GTI’s sporty character. The interior dual modules (xenon outboard, parking light / turn signals inboard) each have a chrome pod through which a very impressive visual image projects. Placed low below the bumper – and also GTI-specific in design – are the vertically aligned and always standard front fog lights.

mark43231

In the UK on the MK5 GTI were these items standard or options? Here they were standard.

Cruise control £210
Storage pack = under seat trays (some people got them) + luggage net under parcel shelf and boot floor. £65
heated seats
kerb view on passenger mirror (with reversing sensors)
Flat tyre indicator £35

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
MK5
They played with the spec alittle over the past 4 years some things changed were removed or added. But as a guide with july 08 prices
Cruise control optional £270 or about half that as dealer fit.
Storage pack (sort of standard) on the GTI (no underseat trays just luggage net under parcel shelf.)
Heated seats Optional as part of winter pack (inc heated washer jets + low fluid warning light + headlamp washers) OR standard heated with leather seat option. £310-£210 depending on if you had xenons/leather etc.
Kerb view on passenger mirror was part of lux pack £110 (earlier cars had lux pack 1 & lux pack 2 (two had dimming side mirrors). It also came with the optional parking sensors £310
Flat tyre indictor standard.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Xenon headlamps with Kurvenfahrlicht
€ 1270.00

Bi-xenon headlights for passing and driving beam
Luminous Far regulation, automatic / dynamic with Kurvenfahrlicht (AFS 1)
Headlight cleaning system
Warning for washing water.

Blaze182

Ready to race!
Holly cr@p! These extras are costing a fortune! Adding the whole bundles gonna cost easy 10K on top, at LEAST ><