GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OFFICIAL: 2009 VW GTI coming stateside this summer

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
from Autoblog:

The 2009 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Mark VI) is upon us, and as suspected, the thinly-veiled "concept" shown in Paris is an exact duplicate of the production model we'll be getting in the States this summer.

With redesigned front and rear fascias, artfully sculpted haunches and Scirocco-inspired headlamps, the Mark VI is a subtle evolution of the outgoing model that lends a bit more aggression to the three- and five-door hatch. Power is provided by a tweaked and turbocharged 2.0-liter inline four putting out 210 horsepower (10 hp more than its predecessor) and 206 lb-ft of torque beginning at 1,800 rpm. The run to 60 mph comes in at 6.9 seconds with a top speed of 149 mph.

A six-speed manual or six-speed dual-clutch gearbox are available, along with a standard sport suspension, DCC adaptive damping (with settings for Normal, Sport and Comfort) and an XDS electronic differential that monitors traction and sends power to the outside wheel. The interior remains largely unchanged, with standard plaid seating (leather is optional), along with stainless-steel pedals, aluminum shift knob and a flat-bottom leather-wrapped steering wheel.

The new GTI will hit dealers in Germany later this week, while those of us in the U.S. will have to wait until this summer to get our hands on VW's latest hot hatch.

:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

Fahrenheit431

Ready to race!
SUMMER???

I thought that the mk6 golf wasnt supposed to come out here till september... now the gti is coming by this summer?

acqui

Ready to race!
Will there be a sticky or threat devoted to all reviews of the Mk6 on here? I think we need on because Autocar already has one out, EVO's will be out next week, as well as Whatcar and a few others :happyanim:

sleepergti86

APRTuned
Shit.... I can't wait!!!!

BLWNHR1

I was talking to my local VW dealer tonight and they said the word from VW Aus to them was the GTI won't hit Australia until late 4th-quarter 2009 or early 2010!

...looking a a silver Pirelli or a Tiguan now...that timeline is rediculous, by the time I ordered one it would be a year by the time it was here!

gh172

Ready to race!
I was talking to my local VW dealer tonight and they said the word from VW Aus to them was the GTI won't hit Australia until late 4th-quarter 2009 or early 2010!

...looking a a silver Pirelli or a Tiguan now...that timeline is rediculous, by the time I ordered one it would be a year by the time it was here!

I wouldn't pay any attention to what your dealer say's, they talk shit half the time. I think it will be here much sooner than that. The basic models arrived here much sooner than anyone first thought and it will be the same story with the GTI.

BLWNHR1

Talking to a different person round there today (a chick I went to school with, no reason to BS me) and she said they'll be taking orders August-ish and the chances of seeing anything this side of Christmas is all-but nil.

maolin34

Passed Driver's Ed
This summer means what exactly? Of course we all want to know. I just posted about whether or not I should wait or buy a 2009 MkV now. I still thought it was coming in the fall...september or october.

Blaze182

Ready to race!
Well, I'll maintain my spanner in the works here and agree with gh172.

Head Office Australia informed me 30th of april, as much as I don't believe it, I'll support that date! XD haha

darknightohio1

Ready to race!
yah... gti wont be here till atleast christmas... the golf will be here in september

Wrong, this is straight from VW:

Thanks for visiting vw.com! We are excited to tell you more about our
2010 model lineup!

A perennial award winner, the GTI keeps the options that make it
Volkswagen's uber-hatchback while providing an updated look that
redefines the classic hot hatch. The 2.0-liter FSI turbocharged
four-cylinder engine comes standard with 200 horsepower and 207 lbs.-ft.
of torque; with the standard six-speed transmission or the optional
six-speed DSG dual clutch transmission it proves to be more than capable
at bringing the thrill to the daily commute. The GTI continues to
highlight Volkswagen's commitment to offer affordable German engineered
cars that are fun-to-drive! The GTI MkVI is scheduled to be on sale in
the U.S. in fall of 2009

fo0d

I just went to the Dealer here in California, they told me that the car will be out late July early August.

So lets hope they didn't lie to me!

VW, Das Auto! heheh:thumbup: