GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dilemma

Ozram

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered my 118 TSI last Saturday. The dealer rang me today about delivery times with 3 options.

1 Pick another colour.
2 Pay approximately $3,100 (cost price they claim) extra for one that has my options in my colour but also has park assist & sunroof (Retail $3300).
3 Wait 3-4 months for delivery of my original order.

I don't particularly need the sunroof & park assist, but on the other hand I don't want to wait 4 or more months if I can help it.

Should I haggle for a (further) discount on option 2, say $500 or get them to add window tint etc? They may just tell me I'm stuck with option 3 :(

No.1 is not an option I will consider.

Any thoughts?

acqui

Ready to race!
Are you in dire need of a car? If no, I'd wait as you'll still be out an additional 2500 even if you haggle.....and for things you don't really need.

blue2th

Ready to race!
what other colours can they offer? park assist may be useful but not sure about sunroof (when it comes to resale).

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
what other colours can they offer? park assist may be useful but not sure about sunroof (when it comes to resale).

Are you related to the blue2th guy on the MKV forum? :lol:

I read a comprehensive road test of the MK6 a few days ago, and, in respect to the park assist, the comment was made that the park assist succeeded on scrubbing the wheel rims into the kerb on, l think, three occasions. :yikes:

That's an option l can do without.

mongo1

Ready to race!
If time isn't a big deal, wait the three months.

If it is, ask what other colors are offered. I know I have a few favorites that I wouldn't mind.

Or, go with option 2, and tell them you'll pay the extra for one of those options if they'll throw in the other for free... seems like a decent way to meet halfway.

William783

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you related to the blue2th guy on the MKV forum? :lol:

I read a comprehensive road test of the MK6 a few days ago, and, in respect to the park assist, the comment was made that the park assist succeeded on scrubbing the wheel rims into the kerb on, l think, three occasions. :yikes:

That's an option l can do without.

Do you have a link for this review? thanks