GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I want to see mkVI mods!

William783

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone seen any mods to the new golf yet? I know mau65 put 18's on his i think but other than that I can't find anything else on the web. Surely someone has lowered theirs by now or something. Please post some pics if you come across anything! Thanks

Mick431

Ready to race!
Red ABT
2 Pics of RDX Racedesign
Reiger

Attachments

• ABT Golf.jpg
    ABT Golf.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 13,319
  • rdx golf.jpg
    rdx golf.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 5,827
  • rdx golf 2.jpg
    rdx golf 2.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 3,914
  • rieger golf.jpg
    rieger golf.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 4,494

gerard

Oettinger have a product to upgrade the 118tsi twin charge.

Stock – 118kw and 240nm

Tuned – 149kw and 290nm

This product comes with a 12 month engine, drivetrain and breakdown warranty.

The tuning tools to upgrade this vehicle are currently only in Brisbane .

The tools will be duplicated around the country in coming months.

Cost - $2495 fully installed.

In Melbourne our dealer is Volkspower. 03 9808 6777.

Please contact Dean at Volkspower if you have any further questions.

Regards,

James Kearns

Harding Performance

63 Fisher Street

East Brisbane

QLD 4169

Australia

Tel +61 7 3392 2980

Local 1300 730 949

Fax +61 7 3217 4941

james@hp.net.au

www.hp.net.au

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Oettinger have a product to upgrade the 118tsi twin charge.

Stock – 118kw and 240nm

Tuned – 149kw and 290nm

From what l understand, most of the 118 TSI's are arriving in Australia with the 7 speed DSG, which has a "performance" limit. Does the Oettinger product fall within the 7 speed DSG power limit?

gerard

What I heard is the 7 spd dsg is rated to 250nm and the stock 118 TSI is already 240. Suggests that the Oettinger is pushing the 7 spd's limits.
The quote from Oettinger was in response to my query re: the new golf. So they must be aware of it.

My thoughts are that the stock tyres cannot transmit the 240nm without wheelspin so its probably moot that 290nm will be stressed on the transmission without it being relived through wheelspin.

Personally, I'm waiting awhile to see what happens with other tuners before I take the plunge.

TSI688

Ready to race!

golf on H&R springs. found pictures when i was browsing for suspension kits. pretty nice!! :)

darknightohio1

Ready to race!
Here ya go:

Mcchip VW Golf GTI VI with 252HP

If the new Volkswagen Golf GTI's 210 horsepower turbocharged four pot isn't powerful enough for you, the tuners at Mcchip have readied a rather straightforward performance package that will be officially revealed at this week's Tuning World Bodensee in Germany. A quick ECU tune that has been priced at €849 (around US$1,150) adds another 42HP and 100Nm or 74lb-ft bringing the total output of the 2.0 TSI to 252HP and 380Nm or 280lb-ft of torque.

In addition to the engine software upgrade, Mcchip's tuning proposal for the 2009 VW Golf GTI also includes a sport suspension kit from H&R that brings the hot hatch a few inches closer to the ground as well as beefier 19-inch alloy wheels in a black finish from OZ plus a set of 'racing-stripes' available in various colors.

Cigar

Passed Driver's Ed
that tune is freakin' awesome, I'm just wondering how the car would possibly respond to it (i.e. rough idles, etc.)

And also would something like that trash it's impressive fuel economy?

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
that mcChip GTI is AMAZING (except for the strip) ,, i cant wait for the MKVI GTI ,, might get one