Hyundai Vs. Mercedes

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Deleted

Last edited:

DvS21

Ready to race!
I'll take a Merc, though!

Just kidding, either company is a winner, but if Hyundai is offering more money, I don't know if I'd refuse.

msm00b

Ready to race!
In this current job market I'd take which ever pays the bills well and comes with job security.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
job security is #1

and congrats man!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I appreciate it guys. I think I'll go with whatever pays best I guess. Its a strong commute to Hyundai, but hey....just a little more time to take my baby for a run. (My gti of course!)

I'll let you guys know what happens

DvS21

Ready to race!
I appreciate it guys. I think I'll go with whatever pays best I guess. Its a strong commute to Hyundai, but hey....just a little more time to take my baby for a run. (My gti of course!)

I'll let you guys know what happens

Even thought I love driving my GTI, fuck commutes. I hate sitting in traffic, or having to do a long drive when it isn't on MY terms. Meh, maybe I'm just spoiled.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Quality Engineering job, long hours but DAMN good benefits. I should hear from them in the next few weeks to see what they wanna offer. Interview went really good though, couldnt make out the Korean really well...but hey guess I gotta deal with it right?

Its not exactly with Hyundai, Its with Mobis which is a sister company to Kia and Hyundai. Basically the guy that owns Kia, owns Hyundai and Mobis. So, in turn I would be traveling back and forth from the Hyundai plant and the Mobis plant to check quality issues and fix them if need be. Theres alot of engineering involved, so I'm pretty excited about it.

I apprecaite all of you fanny's wishing me luck.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
There might not be a Korea soon...
Just throwing that out there:(

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
so when you say quality engineering, are you talking about mechanical aspects of the car or more like interior plastics and design? shit sounds fascinating either way, you get to eat, sleep, and shit "cars". i would fucking LOVE to work with cars for the rest of my life.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
so when you say quality engineering, are you talking about mechanical aspects of the car or more like interior plastics and design? shit sounds fascinating either way, you get to eat, sleep, and shit "cars". i would fucking LOVE to work with cars for the rest of my life.

Yes Basically. Parts for the Santa Fe and Sonata (and soon to be elantra) that are built in Alabama. However, its only the following parts:

Front Bumpers
Plastic Moldings and various other plastics
Full Chassis (EVERYTHING)
Braking systems
Traction Control systems
Dash modules + center consoles
ECU controls
Bascially anything that communicates with the car or is a "controlled" system.

There are times I would have to look over the controls programming and make sure it is within spec and stuff...so maybe I can use my masters in automotive to its full ability! HECK YEAH!

Yeah, I was definitely given a great opportunity when I first started back in College Co-oping with Mercedes. That basically opened the door to get right in the Automotive field. So i'm pretty sure I'll be back and forth between Volkswagen, KIA, Hyundai and Mercedes down here in the south! Still making my way up to Volkswagen!!