GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So my engine bay got a little lighter today...

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed a Carbonio stage II pipe this afternoon. Still awaiting my Evoms intake (arriving tomorrow so says UPS)...noticed increased throttle response and quicker turbo spooling, and butt dyno says i may have picked up a few ponies on the upper end :). Plus it looks 1049238 times better than funky stock VW plastic. Now I'm just finding it hard to be patient for the other half of my system haha
Big props to NGP racing for helping me pick this up on short notice too.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
:needpics:

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
:eek:
coming tomorrow i promise!
i'll do before/after of my evom's as well :D

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Just curious... any reason you went with the Evoms intake instead of the APR Carbonio (or AWE CCB, forge, etc.)?

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I got a good deal on it (70 less than carbonio stg I), It seems to have a good reputation, and I preferred the sounds to a quiet system (had an AEM CAI on my mk IV, and was intoxicated by the sound). I originally ordered a BSH stage I and II system but the company I ordered through was going to take alot longer to ship the BSH than the EVOMS, so a lack of patience also had something to do with it:rolleyes:

scbastv

Ready to race!
Just curious... any reason you went with the Evoms intake instead of the APR Carbonio (or AWE CCB, forge, etc.)?

Originally I was looking at the APR Carbonio intake, but after ALOT (Im talking HOURSSSSSSS) of researching throughout several different forums about intakes, the EVOMS seems to have the best reputation for actually delivering a power difference. Also, my research showed me that aside from the EVOMS intake, it really didnt matter, just get something you like the look of, so I went with the EVOMS. Here I am about a week after I installed it and I am LOVING it. The sound is great, I can feel a throttle response difference, and the intake (imo) looks great! :thumbup:

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay so my EVOMS intake came today in the mail, 45 minutes before I had to be at work...so I put my game face on and tackled it quickly, but didn't have any time for a photoshoot. Pics will be up in the morning. I feel even slightly better throttle response than with just the stage II. The sound is amazing, around town it sounds pretty stock except for DV, but has a nice growl when you get on it, nothing cheesy.:thumbsup:

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
after a busy weekend, I finally live up to my promise...
pics were taken in a hurry with cell phone, but they work.
so far i'm still very happy with my purchases :)

Attachments

• 0126001340.jpg
    0126001340.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 2,412
  • 0128001428.jpg
    0128001428.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 2,464
  • 0128001429.jpg
    0128001429.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 2,350

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!
Looking sweet man! I was hoping to get an EVOMS intake but I dropped a crapload of money for my GF for her birthday so it'll be a while :p.

Hows the fitment with the APR and the intake? I was wondering about doing something like that- with the stock maf location it fits nomally right?

I probably will wait for the EVOM pipe to come out, which will be the time I acutally have some money :rolleyes:

TeutonicTurbo

Passed Driver's Ed
The fitment with both pieces installed is great. Both of the units work with the MAF in the stock location. I installed the Carbonio pipe first, then the EVOMS the next day. I was thinking of waiting for the EVOMS stage II peice to come out, but impatience got the better of me. Can't say I am the least bit dissatisfied though, I love the sound and can feel a definite top-end boost.
now just to save up for APR... >.<

stylistic

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice man, I was thinking about doing this exact same combo... simply because I'm getting tired of waiting for the EVOMS Stg II.

On that note, anyone know when its supposed to be coming out? I heard 5 weeks... but that was 4 months ago. :(