GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE TURBO OUTLET PIPE - WORTH THE $$$ ?

BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

Ready to race!
Sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed in past threads but I could not find much. I have a Audi S3 intercooler that will be installed next Friday so I still have time to order the AWE TOP. The raw aluminum one with shipping would be about $175 and I'm already paying for the intercooler install so this would not cost any extra to add in at that time. I have read a few reviews but would like some more from those of you with this mod.

Thanks, Paul

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
I thinks its worth it especially if you're stage 2. It adds noticeable top end power..like on the freeway.

CobraKing

Ready to race!
OP, please search the 2.0T TSI forum. Your question will be answered there as there are several threads regarding the function of the TOP there.

D Darko

Ready to race!
I have not seen any actual data one way or another. Lots of butt dyno talk of how there MAY be slightly faster turbo spool. You have to also consider since most of these are being installed with a new IC, the actual design of the IC (if done well) may be the reason for quicker spool time and have nothing to do with the TOP. Again, no way to know and no actual data. Most people will say if you can afford the little extra cash and you're already in there for a bigger IC, might as well do it for peace of mind. I have seen no one say, "I wish I hadn't done it b/c of X reason".

BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

Ready to race!
I ordered one late last night. Like a lot of you I thought I might as well add during intercooler install. I will never know the true benefit of the TOP because it will be added with the IC, but I do beleive AWE's claim of added air flow. Thanks again for your responses.

Last edited:

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Bigger pipe's claiming faster anything = waste of money most of the time...
Getta bigger turbo and u might need bigger pipes.

Pipe= anything under the hood like: stg.2 pipe...inlets outlets....yadda yadda yadda