GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI 118TSI

Mr TSI

Just got my car after fairly long wait. Dealt with Burwin Volkswagen on Burwood Highway in Melbourne. This is the 2nd VW from them. Not the best price but excellent attention from both sales and service people, vehicle presentation and follow-up.

They obviously take pride in what they do. My Golf was beautifully prepared and I could not fault their presentation. Believe me, I am very fussy about this.

As to the purchase, it was not all price (their quote was very close) as they treat me very well and they are NEVER off-handed or play games with figures. In view of this, I wouldn't have considered buying from anyone else.

Extremely pleased with all aspects of the new model. The heater control panel lifted from the Passat CC is very functional and funky. Really attractive.

I have the DSG transmission but I find it hard to understand the 7th speed. The vehicle seems to labour in this gear when travelling at slower speeds.

Any suggestions about driving to take advantage of 7th gear or restrict the us of this gear? I realise that it can be driven manually.

I have just filled up ith 98 octane fuel after travelling 584km around the city. I am pleased with this as it is nearly the same as my MKV diesel which I got about the same.

This new model is really amazing!!!

Smooth and quiet. Also comfortable and economical. I have not been able to fault anything about the car. I just love getting into it. It's runs like a little German clock.

Attachments

• VW MkVI Front.jpg
    VW MkVI Front.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 383
  • VW MkVI Rear.jpg
    VW MkVI Rear.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 314
  • VW MkVI side.jpg
    VW MkVI side.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Congratulations.

If the 7 speed DSG is anything like the 6 speed in my GTI, there should be no need to try and override the transmission into staying in 6th gear for example.

If I'm coasting along at say 50 kph on a suburban street the car will stay in 5th gear. I would expect yours to do likewise. There is a learning period for the DSG. It will adapt to your driving style over a period of a couple of weeks.

I have no idea on the fuel economy. I've achieved 6.6 to 6.8 L/100 average on a trip in my GTI. The 1.4 should do better than that once it has loosened up.

gerard

Welcome Mr TSI
I got my RS 118 from B at Burwood as well (any pictures?)

The 7 spd in drive is optimised for economy and you should typically get low to mid 7s for l/100km around town

when I got my car, I took a trip to Warrnambol and got 6l/100km
a trip to Sydney at a higher average speed netted 7.1l/100km

Mr TSI

Thanks Mr Gee

The pictures of my Golf are on my thread. I am really pleased with it. It's smooth and well finished.

Mr TSI

Hi ox518

The options I have are sunroof, sports pack, rear sensors, floor mats and mudflaps. All these I consider essential. The sunroof, while a luxury (you don't need one), I love the way it brightens the interior when opened, even partially, not to mention the extra ventilation on warmer days. The sports pack in the MkVI model is particularly attractive due to the excellent seats and trim, rear extra tinted (black) glass and the turning lights as well as the "sports" ride. Really impressive. Mudflaps are great for keeping the car clean by stopping dirt and grime from getting onto the side of the car. Rear sensors speak for themselves and do floor mats which are essential for stopping wear on the fitted carpet. I use a small rubber mat over the VW mats for extra protection and keeping the interior cleaner. All in all well worth the money.

Last edited:

DonkeyKong

Today, I have just struck a deal over the telephone with VW hawthorn. I must say the sale person is fairly courtesy and when come to bargaining they are more accommodating. They are the only VW retailer I have visited after reading some good comment about them.
Anyway, I will get my VW in 2-3 weeks time.

Last edited:

Coastie

Hi Mr TSI,

What colour name is yours, mine is the reflex silver but your front on shot looks darker than the other shots, may just be the light.
golf.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg