GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Details on the next gen GTI and GTI-R!

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
I like the Alfa 147 GTI or 156 GTA on looks only over them myself, it would be a borring life if we all liked things to look the same though.

ProSiNNeR1

Official pics will be released in October.... I have also heard the GTI and GTI-R will be at the Paris Auto Show! I cannot say where i heard this though ;)

Why not?Are they going to hang you or something?

juliusfitz

does anyone have any new info on the Golf/Gti R release and price in USA. i cant find anything and american volkswagen claims to have no info

Fahrenheit431

Ready to race!
golf is set for a september release, as for the gti and R20, no one has a set release date just yet, but they are guessing december

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
golf is set for a september release, as for the gti and R20, no one has a set release date just yet, but they are guessing december

Possibly but i wouldn't be surprised if it came in the spring or summer.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!

How do you have so many post already? :confused:

James G

Spool makes me drool.

We are getting the Stock standard golf here within the next few weeks, they are allready in holding yards being prepped... Europe has had them since last year (along with the 'rocco)

GTI version... Nov/Dec... i reckon.

R version.... next Jan maybe...

mongo1

Ready to race!
I'd be shocked if the U.S. didn't get both the Golf and the GTI at the same time. Everything I managed to get out of my local dealer was that they were already supposed to expect them in late July/early August... It's possible he was talking smack, but I don't know. I think every dealership in the USA is struggling right now, and all of them want to spark sales any way they can. I truly believe that includes getting VW to give them the 2010's a month or so early.

blue2th

Ready to race!
the colours available are interesting.

not sure what the UK market choices were for MkV but if the same colours were out in Australia, the following would be new

non metallic black;
steel grey metallic;
carbon grey metallic.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/golf-gti-vi/which-model/compare/exterior/

carbon grey metallic seems to be the colour of the NY motor show car. it does look good IMHO. not quite black and not quite grey.

steel grey seems to be replacing united grey...

KOOLBD.COM

We already have software for the new GTI-R model.

Stage one adds and impressive 600ft-lbs and 860hp with only software changes!

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic

are you sure those figures are correct. if so, amazing!:yikes:

James G

Spool makes me drool.

:lol:

Software changes to the TT 6.0 V8 you added?

That TR GTI looks HOT!