GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Smoke [HELP]

Tangkyou

Hello,

I have noticed every time I exit the highway or "round about turn" at a decent speed [80-90km/h], there is a huge amount of black smoke coming out from the exhaust for a few minutes. I thought its the coolant but its not.

BTW... my exhaust system is not OEM.

Any reason?

THANKS!

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Check if oil is overfilled, then check PVC system.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
If the smoke is actually black then you're running rich. If it's more blueish then it's an oil leak. If it's white then it's coolant.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If you made a fast left turn its the design flaw in the TSI engine. Nothing you can do about it.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Maybe your car thinks is a diesel. :lol: Have you had a new tune? When was the last time you remember the car was running fine? Any mods after that. Sounds like to me your running way to rich. How's the gas mileage doing?

Bino

Go Kart Champion
If you made a fast left turn its the design flaw in the TSI engine. Nothing you can do about it.

Really? I have run my car around the track down in Homestead Speedway and never seen that. There was also two other GTI there and never saw any smoke from there cars either. FYI they never had a chance. :happyanim:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Really? I have run my car around the track down in Homestead Speedway and never seen that. There was also two other GTI there and never saw any smoke from there cars either. FYI they never had a chance. :happyanim:

Only happens on hard lefts... well documented issue.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Only happens on hard lefts... well documented issue.

I guess I never turned hard enough for the black :laugh: but I did do some full blown drift a couple of time while holding the go pedal to the floor. Untill I got blacked flagged. When I cam into the pits they warned me to slow down on the turns :thumbsup:

Sorry did not mean to make this about myself. Let's get back to the problem.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I guess I never turned hard enough for the black :laugh: but I did do some full blown drift a couple of time while holding the go pedal to the floor. Untill I got blacked flagged. When I cam into the pits they warned me to slow down on the turns :thumbsup:

Sorry did not mean to make this about myself. Let's get back to the problem.

How exactly do you drift a FWD car with non defeatable stability control :laugh:

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
How exactly do you drift a FWD car with non defeatable stability control :laugh:

Lol you can drift anything if you try hard enough lol. If it helps my highest drift score in gt5 is set by a gti. :p

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You do understand that Drifting is a powerslide by definition. And a FWD car is incapable of doing that.