View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
thatspsychotic
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by josueleon89 View Post
I was driving off a ramp and by mistake I pressed the gas all the way to the ground and the revs went all the way to the red numbers. So when I stoped to turned the car had already cited off so I tried to started again but all it does it's a click sound. So I need some help on wether buying a used one which I got a quote and it's 2700$ or maybe just go under the carter take it off and replaced the crankshaft metals if the crankshaft it's not mess up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may want to try again with language that is more clear and detailed.

Take the thing to a mechanic. Could be something as simple as a coincidental starter failure, but if you were driving really fast around the corner and also redlined it, there's a chance that it got oil starved from the hard cornering and could have burned all the bearings even if the revs were limited to 6800 RPM by the rev limiter.
Present: APR Stage 1+ v2.4 | APR Carbonio | R8 Coils | GFB DV+ | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport Deadset | SuperPro Offset LCA Bushings | Enkei Raijin Gunmetal 18x8 et45 | Michelin PSS 245/35R18 | NewSouth Perf. Mech Boost Gauge

Future: ST Coilovers | H&R 26/22mm Swaybars | APR/ECS Catch Can
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote