GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS-315 internal bluetooth?

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking about selling my RNS-315 to upgrade to a pioneer unit. I know for a fact that I have a bluetooth module under my passenger seat (should be 9W7) but everything I have read online says that the RNS-315 has internal bluetooth. I know that at least the 2012+ units have internal bluetooth but I can't find out if that was a change in the RNS-315 unit from 2011 to 2012 (addition of internal bluetooth) or if it was there all along and VW just used the external bluetooth module anyway while transitioning from the RNS-510 (make the change on the assembly line easier). What's the verdict? Can someone who has swapped to a 315 help me out?

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
I'm thinking about selling my RNS-315 to upgrade to a pioneer unit. I know for a fact that I have a bluetooth module under my passenger seat (should be 9W7) but everything I have read online says that the RNS-315 has internal bluetooth. I know that at least the 2012+ units have internal bluetooth but I can't find out if that was a change in the RNS-315 unit from 2011 to 2012 (addition of internal bluetooth) or if it was there all along and VW just used the external bluetooth module anyway while transitioning from the RNS-510 (make the change on the assembly line easier). What's the verdict? Can someone who has swapped to a 315 help me out?

RNS315s all have internal bluetooth.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
RNS315s all have internal bluetooth.

Excellent, that's what I was thinking but was unsure. I guess that means my bluetooth module and RNS-315 will be coming out soon and be sold separately.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I swapped an RNS315 into my golf and the bluetooth doesn't work so I don't think it has it. Why else would your car have the 9W7

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
I swapped an RNS315 into my golf and the bluetooth doesn't work so I don't think it has it. Why else would your car have the 9W7

Did you enable it via vagcom?

And they would have it if they switched to the RNS-315 on the assembly line before they stopped installing the bluetooth modules.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Did you enable it via vagcom?

And they would have it if they switched to the RNS-315 on the assembly line before they stopped installing the bluetooth modules.

No but it came from a car with bluetooth so would I have to enable it still?