GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to V Dub

Big Si

Hi all,

After being a MINI owner in various guises for 6 years I have just jumped ship to VW and got myself a 6 month old MK VI GT TDi 140. I'm loving the car, so refined compared to my MINI, and it cost less than my previous Clubman!!!

Just a question though, the exhaust. Its a twin pipe, but finished in standard steel - does anyone know if I can upgrade this easily to a nice shiney chrome number?

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
piiiiics :drool:

if your just talking about the tips then yes i dont see why not

gerard

Welcome
I had mk Vi tdi loaner when my 160 was in the shop and its a very easy car to drive.

Though I still prefer my 160. Engine's lots smoother

Big Si

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Please find pic attached!:thumbup:

Attachments

• DSC00466.jpg
    DSC00466.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 276

TurboTor

Golfer
What is special with the GT-model?
I have a Highline, and it looks just like your car?
We in norway don't have the GT option, do you have highline in UK?

M-DuB

Your car is GT140TDI with AWD :) here in Sweden....
The new GTD 170TDI -FWD, is all most same price!

Big Si

Thanks for the comments guys. I didn't specify the car new, but it's got a few extras such as the MIDI with the Ipod socket in the front centre armrest, rain sensor think that comes with a winter pack which also includes mudflaps. Rear tinted windows and the 18" wheels upgrade. Love the car, plenty of power and great mpg!!

Thats interesting regarding the Highline. Here in the UK, they tended to release Highline models when certain cars were nearing the end of their production life and they were usualy loaded with options, including leather/parking sensors etc etc, my mate bought a Bora Highline in 2004, and its still going strong at 80k miles, we travelled to Italy in it 2 weeks ago for the MotoGP at Mugello!

CoccoBill

Ready to race!
At least in Finland you can get the Mk6 in 5 different "option levels": trendline, comfortline, highline, GTD and GTI. The GTD comes with better extras than the highline, such as 225/45 R17 wheels vs the highline's 205/55 R16 and it also has climatronic, lowered suspension, sport seats etc. as standard.

Big Si

Nice, I saw a GTD in black yesterday and it looked sweet. Really chuffed with mine though so far, performance is great and it uses little diesel, and handles really nicely whilst soaking up all the bumps, the roads here in the UK are not great!