GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Inner Tail light bolt

Sleepin gti1

Ready to race!
Went to take me inner tail off and realized the bolt is cross threaded and literally came loff the tail and is still intact with the car. Anyone know how or wat to u$e to get this bolt out?

Uberryan

Banned
Was it the stock tail that broke, or those LED ones?

Sleepin gti1

Ready to race!
stock tails not led. like the bolt in the tail stripped out so its connected to the car still. but i can get the tail light off. im just trying to get the bolt out without scratcing my car. maybe some sort of tool? really would like how to fix this

BrianWithGolf

Ready to race!
stock tails not led. like the bolt in the tail stripped out so its connected to the car still. but i can get the tail light off. im just trying to get the bolt out without scratcing my car. maybe some sort of tool? really would like how to fix this

I'm having some trouble visualizing it got any pics?

Might help to see what terrible mistake you have made

1) Remove light off car.

2)get pliers.

3)hold the bolt end from the outside of the car, while turning the screw off it.

4)Now that bolt is useless but make sure you hang on to the screw if you want to get led tails, because you only get 2 per inner light that came with the car.

:thumbsup:

XZT123

Ready to race!
I don't understand what happened either. But it sounds like something you either need to remove with pliers, cut and half with a dremel tool, or drill out with a drill and replace.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Dont have to be an ass. It was litterally a question.

True, but it is to the point. You really aren't giving us a lot to go by on what is going on and what the issue at hand is. A couple photos of that area that you are talking about would help out immensely, or a much clearer explanation would shed some light to the problem you are facing. But, so far, we have gotten nothing from you other than an extremely vague telling on what is going on....

So the random guessing games will continue until you provide adequate information/visualization....

I'm suggesting a tack welder and ball peen hammer.....

rmchung

Ready to race!
removing a bolt to remove the inner tail light? That doesn't make sense....unless you were loosening the nut and because it's cross-threaded the bolt came off the light assembly. That's my only guess at what happened, but there is no removing of a bolt(s) to remove the inner tails, it's held by a nut and the bolt is tightly fastened to the tails.

XZT123

Ready to race!
My guess is that however the head of the bolt is secured to the tail light it now spins freely. Therefore if he tries to loosen the bolt the entire thing spins? Just cut it off with a dremel or a saw. Put new tails in with a new nut?

Sleepin gti1

Ready to race!
My guess is that however the head of the bolt is secured to the tail light it now spins freely. Therefore if he tries to loosen the bolt the entire thing spins? Just cut it off with a dremel or a saw. Put new tails in with a new nut?

Thats what happened. Ill try that thanks