GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I bought the Godspeed V1 intercooler...and

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
V1.. remove bumper.

V2, which you see here.. remove bumper, radiator, AC condenser, stock IC.

NO THX.
Yea but you dont really remove the radiator or AC condenser, you just support them and move them out of the way. Plus you dont have to deal with trimming 4ft of tubing to get them to fit exactly right. If you use your stock hoses on a S3 and trim them thats one thing, but I saw a thread awhile back about a guy who couldnt get the v2 tubing to fit right. That seems like a major pain in the ass, more so that removing the front radiator support.

I'm sure Modshack can chime in cause he's done this kit.

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
It's not difficult but it is a PITA
How much more time do you think it would take you (not some joker) to do the V1 or the V2?

Skeptix

Ready to race!
Has anyone bought the V2? Could take close up pics if anyone's interested since I do have it sitting in my garage lol.

I have access to a 10 bay garage with lifts, it's more that I don't want do it and I want the IC directly behind the grill. If I was going to buy an IC like the V2 I'd just buy the S3. S3 vs Godspeed V2; S3 is cheaper and OEM.

Now... V1 vs Forge; $500 difference.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone bought the V2? Could take close up pics if anyone's interested since I do have it sitting in my garage lol.

I have access to a 10 bay garage with lifts, it's more that I don't want do it and I want the IC directly behind the grill. If I was going to buy an IC like the V2 I'd just buy the S3. S3 vs Godspeed V2; S3 is cheaper and OEM.

Now... V1 vs Forge; $500 difference.

there is a good thread on golfmkv
http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168491&highlight=godspeed

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
I think the V2 (or stock position intercooler) install is way overplayed in difficulty. Seriously the worst part when I did it was that I didn't have the right bolts to mount it and I had to go to the store to get some. Granted, I have torn pretty deep into some cars before, but that's how I've learned...by just doing it. It seriously only took a couple of hours.

Mindfields

Ready to race!
I read it the same way you did. I think it's the sentence, not your work schedule that is the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah its my work schedule, I read it too and I didn't make sense, but I figured y'all knew what I ment ... i.e. most of u know S3 - EJ - APR are stock REPLACEMENT and that you would not see it along with GSP v2, the v1 would be seen on the bumper and gives it an esthetic look

Uberryan

Banned
FYI, cutting the hoses for the twin setup is a bitch. Although, comparing the two, labor intensity wise, I'm in a personal dead heat. I wouldn't want to have to go through the hose cutting again, but I wouldn't want to have to dig that far into the front end.

XZT123

Ready to race!
Wow is that a knockoff of the APR intercooler?