GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wrecked 2010 GTI

713gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Door not opening is NOT a good sign - that speaks of possible frame damage. DEFINITELY get it checked out, and if it's damaged make a huge stink about it and hope they total it.

I'm going to find out more on Monday so that will be the first question I ask. When I spoke with the shop yesterday I asked if we could just total out the car and obviously I was pissed at the time so I'll collect my thoughts on how to confront them for Monday. Again, wish me luck!

TDI110

O_o
luck! The wait time is unfortunate, but since the car is new not many spare parts lying around. Try eBay? I know you're in the states, but on the German site they got body parts popping up here and there - maybe the N/A site can have something?

just throwing ideas out there...

713gti

Passed Driver's Ed
luck! The wait time is unfortunate, but since the car is new not many spare parts lying around. Try eBay? I know you're in the states, but on the German site they got body parts popping up here and there - maybe the N/A site can have something?

just throwing ideas out there...

Since I had the car towed to a dealership authorized shop they told me that they have to wait for the OEM part from Germany. If I would have thought about that before then I would have probably had a different place fix my car and used an aftermarket part. The only thing I would have worried about then would be what other parts had to be replaced and who manufactured that part. Well, since it's there I guess it's now the waiting game. Thanks for the help and keep wishing me luck to get my car back out on the road tearing it up!

TornadoRed.GTI

Well since my dad is in construction he likes things not to brake and not to be able to be opened when there not suppose to be..So the door is made out of 3 inch full steel..And yes usually there is something that suppose to have a force fed back and stop it but the big geniuses from the garage door company fuked up everything
but its okay my dads making them pay..For insurance purposes! Get the new one in 2 weeks :)

OzGTI1

Ready to race!
Since I had the car towed to a dealership authorized shop they told me that they have to wait for the OEM part from Germany. If I would have thought about that before then I would have probably had a different place fix my car and used an aftermarket part. The only thing I would have worried about then would be what other parts had to be replaced and who manufactured that part. Well, since it's there I guess it's now the waiting game. Thanks for the help and keep wishing me luck to get my car back out on the road tearing it up!

hmm....that would be tough to do...whoever your insurer is will want to make sure it's fixed with genuine parts, and will most likely not approve repairs at a shop that is going to use aftermarket parts...I'm pretty sure that's a standard across the world when it comes to insurance

unless you can find a repairer that is willing to lie about the parts they've used..regardless, your insurer is going to want to see the work they've done