GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rebadged Grill GTI with Red Ebay Letters...

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
What's the GTD grille?

Pic?

It replaces the red GTI stripes with chrome ones, and still maintains the honeycomb pattern.

Damn image... I'll just host it myself lol

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The picture failed, lol

Does is have a "GTD" emblem instead of "GTI" then I assume?

Price? Does anyone sell it?

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
The picture failed, lol

Does is have a "GTD" emblem instead of "GTI" then I assume?

Price? Does anyone sell it?

Yep it does! But I'm trying to decide whether to buy mine minus the plate for a badge up front (in which case I'd probably put my GTI badge in back) or use the OEM grille...

Badge-plate Deleted Grille (There's a drop-down box where you can select the GTD grille)

OEM GTD Grille

Last edited:

bozaman

Ready to race!
I'm ordering it after I get paid in two weeks! :D

You know what I've noticed? This forum makes me spend money, and much more than I ever want to!

I want it! That would look so sexy

:drool:

EDIT: Wait a minute; would this badge look presentable with the red stripes of the GTI grille?

i've just replaced the stock badges on my 2010 4d cw gti with this front emblem, and the chrome gti badging with the red gti badges front and rear from rb_styling...

imho, these give a subtle but impressive upgrade to the overall look of the car. rb_styling was easy to work with and the products very high quality - highly recommended. i'll post up my pics soon.

:thumbup:

ps - the front emblem and red gti badge looks awesome with the red stripes on the grill, but the red gti badge on the rear is even better.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
PICS PICS! :D

Damn! I don't know whether to buy those badges or add on to my savings for performance! The total would come out to near $100 USD right?

The front badge isn't the same size as the rear...
:iono:

Last edited:

bozaman

Ready to race!
PICS PICS! :D

Damn! I don't know whether to buy those badges or add on to my savings for performance! The total would come out to near $100 USD right?

The front badge isn't the same size as the rear...
:iono:

including shipping it was about $90...all of the badges are slightly different, i believe and are not interchangeable.

i'm not sure what you're saving for, but these are definitely in the "show" category but that's my primary interest.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
including shipping it was about $90...all of the badges are slightly different, i believe and are not interchangeable.

i'm not sure what you're saving for, but these are definitely in the "show" category but that's my primary interest.

Ohhh...so where the pics? :p
That's not too bad of a price.
I'm going towards the 'show' part too, but I'd prefer to optimize my performance first.

I'm saving for an S3 IC, Forge FMIC, and a K04..

bozaman

Ready to race!
Ohhh...so where the pics? :p
That's not too bad of a price.
I'm going towards the 'show' part too, but I'd prefer to optimize my performance first.

I'm saving for an S3 IC, Forge FMIC, and a K04..

some quick shots from earlier today after i had a chance to wash the car...better pics of the larger car are pending.

like i said before, the change is subtle but nice, and your car suddenly becomes completely yours.

CadMan

Ready to race!
some quick shots from earlier today after i had a chance to wash the car...better pics of the larger car are pending.

like i said before, the change is subtle but nice, and your car suddenly becomes completely yours.

Got any pics of the the car from say 10ft. away? Would like to see how the look with the whole car in the shot.
BTW they look awesome up close :thumbup:

blueiguana

Ready to race!

Looks lovely! Sure does add a personal, yet classy look to your car.

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Link to his store? I found his ebay page but nothing's on there, and the only website I found was in German.

It looks like he's just laying (laser) cut vinyl over the emblem - is that the case?

bozaman

Ready to race!
Got any pics of the the car from say 10ft. away? Would like to see how the look with the whole car in the shot.
BTW they look awesome up close :thumbup:

larger pics are pending, but coming "soon".

bozaman

Ready to race!
Link to his store? I found his ebay page but nothing's on there, and the only website I found was in German.

It looks like he's just laying (laser) cut vinyl over the emblem - is that the case?

the site is only in german and they don't yet offer online ordering, but the site is at rb-styling.

i sent an email via the "kontakt" link itemizing what i wanted and they replied within a day. the process:

1. send your address
2. they will prepare an invoice for prepayment and send it to you via email
3. you pay the invoice by paypal
4. after payment items are shipped

shipping was €10 euro's, insured to the usa.

it arrived registered mail so i had to make a trip to the post office to pick up the package, but other than that it was as painless as could be.

i think it is laser-cut vinyl over the standard emblems but it looks great and seems very high-quality; i'm not disappointed in any way.