GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Modshack VTDA Intake Review

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Talk to Steve (Modshack).

Yes it would benefit any intake, but I'm thinking any intake with the filter exposed to the engine bay may benefit slightly more. The Carbonio hooks directly up to the intake duct in the front. You basically pull the old trim right off, tape the cowl to the edges, and push the new trim on. Only took a minute or two.

Yup...Pretty simple. Here's some datalogging I did on my Old TT, but results should be similar (though the GTI VTDA should run cooler as it's in a completely different position.)

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=17194406

Car is adapting. Feeling it more now.

The pep is really nice, didn't know I was missing anything before I tried this intake. This thing feels amazing and I keep popping the hood for no apparent reason other than to stare at the bay. It really looks fantastic! VERY pleased so far :D

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Car is adapting. Feeling it more now.

The pep is really nice, didn't know I was missing anything before I tried this intake. This thing feels amazing and I keep popping the hood for no apparent reason other than to stare at the bay. It really looks fantastic! VERY pleased so far :D

Thanks!....:thumbsup:

ohsnapzombies

Ready to race!
Awesome! Congrats!

I'm starting to wonder if I purchased the wrong intake. I am so easily persuaded by the Bling Bling of CF. Only time will tell...

Enjoy your new intake and thanks for posting your review!

Mike

i went APR for the "Bling Bling" box ....but after seeing this....

sexy.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I said it before and I'll say it again, if I could go back I would have bought the modshack intake, but I'm not going to buy another intake just to switch.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Hey, no one said anything about color matched cowl trim when I ordered mine. ;)

It's just an amazing intake, never regretted my choice at all.

soze

Go Kart Champion
This is my favorite intake so far out of the BSH, APR and Modshack.

I like how the Modshack is made from pretty solid material, and won't make me worry about the mounting points to the grille. The support bar to prevent hitting the brake lines is key as well. And IMO, out of the 3 I mentioned above... this one seems to work best with the GIAC tune for me.

Hey, no one said anything about color matched cowl trim when I ordered mine. ;)

It's just an amazing intake, never regretted my choice at all.

I'm not 100% on this but I believe he only offers red or black at this time. Might want to check with Steve.

Mantooth

Ready to race!
I'm not 100% on this but I believe he only offers red or black at this time. Might want to check with Steve.

I got grey to match the existing cover. I think Steve will let you match any color he has for the trim.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
I got grey to match the existing cover. I think Steve will let you match any color he has for the trim.

On the VTDA trim I have Black, Red, and gray....
Anything other than black was a little pricey to source, until I found a bulk supplier of the red...so Now I can offer the Low Pro trim in that as well..

The red is just pure sex. Looks so damn good with the stock grill and the trim on the intake against the Candy White paint.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
The red is just pure sex. Looks so damn good with the stock grill and the trim on the intake against the Candy White paint.

LOL...You're gonna make me re-do mine in red if you keep posting!

LOL...You're gonna make me re-do mine in red if you keep posting!

You have stock of this stuff I'm assuming? Just do it and see how you like it! Clean it when you're done though ;)

I should note that removing your hood insulation will make the sounds this intake produces a tad louder as it echoes off the bare hood.

Probably going to put it back on soon and adjust the intake down slightly, as it did leave a very sight imprint on the blanket, but I'm still listening to it. Sounds a little different. Not as loud as the Carbonio still but it's just different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD