GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R LED Tail Lights

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I noticed today my drivers side reverse does not come on. I checked the connections, switched bulbs from side to side and nothing.

Anyone else have an issue with their drivers side reverse bulb?

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
I noticed today my drivers side reverse does not come on. I checked the connections, switched bulbs from side to side and nothing.

Anyone else have an issue with their drivers side reverse bulb?

This may have to do with the rear fog light being in place of the drivers side backup light. I assume you don't have the rear fog light but it might have to do with some coding bug.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
This may have to do with the rear fog light being in place of the drivers side backup light. I assume you don't have the rear fog light but it might have to do with some coding bug.

I didn't buy them with the rear fog so I thought it would illuminate normally. Not a huge deal however I would like them both to light up.

Curious how everyone else with them is doing...

zee

Go Kart Champion
I didn't buy them with the rear fog so I thought it would illuminate normally. Not a huge deal however I would like them both to light up.

Curious how everyone else with them is doing...

Follow this thread below. Based on your bill date.

VWvortex

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
^^Thanks. I'll update the byte next time i have VAG handy.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Not in person but I know they do that. You can buy kits for other cars that make the lights imitate the Veyron's (I saw a youtube vid of a guy with it on his G35 I think).

Did a quick search.

Is this what you're talking about?
https://infinitimods.webasyst.net/shop/product/sample-product/

Judging by the video on that site of the Veyron, at about 0:40 you see it reversing. The tail lights only flash when the driver brakes (3rd brake light lights up), which I suspect is just from the camera.

Not that I'm trying to call you out or anything. I just don't see any reason why a car should flash its tail lights while reversing.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
Did a quick search.

Is this what you're talking about?
https://infinitimods.webasyst.net/shop/product/sample-product/

Judging by the video on that site of the Veyron, at about 0:40 you see it reversing. The tail lights only flash when the driver brakes (3rd brake light lights up), which I suspect is just from the camera.

Not that I'm trying to call you out or anything. I just don't see any reason why a car should flash its tail lights while reversing.

I'm no expert on it, but i've seen it on youtube (kind of a poor source) but also on Top Gear a few times when they drag race. When they raced the McLaren F1 and the Veyron, they had some aerial shots and you could see the lights flashing. It's pretty cool but I'm done jacking this thread. The LED lights are cooler for our purposes, only thing stopping me from getting them is that ECS has them backordered till late August.

DimaGT

Ready to race!
Flashing of rear lights are simply due to camera not being able to process the light.

If you look @ videos about 997.2 porsche 911, and other new cars, it is the same thing.

All cars with rear LED lights will flash when shot on video.

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
Flashing of rear lights are simply due to camera not being able to process the light.

If you look @ videos about 997.2 porsche 911, and other new cars, it is the same thing.

All cars with rear LED lights will flash when shot on video.

If you really go and watch them, yes you will see the lights flickering a bit from the camera. That is fine, it does happen. But look harder and you will find videos where they are actually flashing, it has something to do with the second key or putting the rear wing up at the start. If you don't believe me than you haven't looked hard enough.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
only one way to settle this...

... who wants to buy a Veyron?

but yes, let's stop thread jacking lol.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
I finally got mine after 2 months of waiting... :happyanim:

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 226

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion

dstructcode

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats man! Looks awesome, I am definitely jealous. I'm probably going to hold off on mine for a little, but they are definitely in the plans! :p

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
Congrats man! Looks awesome, I am definitely jealous. I'm probably going to hold off on mine for a little, but they are definitely in the plans! :p
thanks! i'm still goin to need your help though LOL! :lol: