GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Service in NOVA

patrickj

Ready to race!
Any recommendations on where to get dealer service done in N. VA? I just picked up an odd sound, like something vibrating on the drivers front at just under 1400 miles. Sounds almost like a bearing and when I depress the clutch pedal, it is continuous. When driving is happens while slowing or coasting, but not accelerating. I don't see anything under the car dragging and the rim, tire, brake and engine compartment look fine too...I'm thinking wheel bearing, or throw out bearing (6speed).

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Alexandria VW has always been great for me; talk to John, the Assistant Service Manager, if you can as he'll take care of you.

patrickj

Ready to race!
Alexandria VW has always been great for me; talk to John, the Assistant Service Manager, if you can as he'll take care of you.

Thanks. How mod friendly are they? I don't have any mods yet, but will and would prefer to have one place for service.

Saabstory

I haven't really pushed it with them on mods yet but I get the feeling they won't be. If you plan to mod take it to Congressional in Rockville MD. A bit further to drive but they are very friendly and it would be better to build the relationship now before modding as you can ask them about it as you go :thumbsup:

patrickj

Ready to race!
I haven't really pushed it with them on mods yet but I get the feeling they won't be. If you plan to mod take it to Congressional in Rockville MD. A bit further to drive but they are very friendly and it would be better to build the relationship now before modding as you can ask them about it as you go :thumbsup:

Good to know, thanks. The only thing I've done is add a set of 18" wheels and tires...I don't think that will be a problem...although, I might just put the 17's back on and play super dumb when I take it in just to be safe.

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
I'm also going to congressional to have my tranny looked at, I think I screwed some linkage up due to a bad shift...

waffleman

Ready to race!
They guys at Fairfax VW are very nice.

They do not give loaners for warranty work though.

Do you guys know if anyone gives out loaners for warranty work?

Saabstory

They guys at Fairfax VW are very nice.

They do not give loaners for warranty work though.

Do you guys know if anyone gives out loaners for warranty work?

Every dealer should be giving a loaner/rental for any warranty work over 1 day in length; that's VW's policy. Alexandria has a shuttle that runs to the nearest two Metro stops so for same day work you just get Metro.

I don't know of any that give a car for a single day worth of work but you can ask around; or if you have a special circumstance they may get you one for it.