GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New R20 spy shots!

darknightohio1

Ready to race!

2011 VW R20 [Spied]
08/13/2009, 11:16 AMBy Drew Johnson
The last time we showed you a Volkswagen R20 development car, it was a regular looking Golf with diesel badges. Now we’ve caught Volkswagen testing a real R20 prototype in bright red. The R20 will replace the R32 as the Golf’s most potent form.

Taking the spot of VR6-powered Golf R32, this R20 will use the 2.0-liter turbocharged engine with direct injection from the Audi TT-S. This means the R20 should have about 270hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. We can also expect sportier front and rear ends once the production bodywork appears.

Power will be sent to all four wheels via either a six-speed manual or DSG semi-automatic gearbox. The run to 60 mph should be dealt with in the 5 to 5.5 second range, with a top end limited to 155 mph.

As visible in these photos, the exterior will carry over many of the new GTI’s styling traits but the R20 will also include more aggressive front and rear ends, larger air intakes, a center mounted dual exhaust, and much sportier wheels. Initially the R20 will be offered only in three-door hatchback form but a five-door model could eventually be offered down the road

Although the R20 offers a lot to get excited about, we haven’t even mentioned the best part – it will be available in the United States. The R20 is expected to make its official debut at December’s Los Angeles Auto Show with sales to follow soon after.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/volkswagen-r20-turbo.html

:clap:

mongo1

Ready to race!
I'd sure like official word from VW on the whole coming to the States portion. I would wait until early 2010 for an R20, but I won't wait for an R20 that is just claimed to be coming.

zee

Go Kart Champion
I spy new side skirts, Scirocco R front bumper and LED taillight from Wörthersee 2009.

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion
I expect the terminals and then put them on my Golf...........:drool: :happyanim:....or not???????? :confused:

If the rumors have it right, it should be thesame powerplant from the Scirocco R and S3 TT-S, which is a built up EA113 TFSI with strengthened internals. Stage 1 software only should be over 300hp.:burnrubber:

sleepergti86

APRTuned
You are correct sir!

sleepergti86

APRTuned
lol

sleepergti86

APRTuned
LED's on the front bumper should be expected, in replacement of the foglights.

sleepergti86

APRTuned
Guys, MKVI GTI will be on the lots end of Septmeber, 1st week of October guaranteed!