GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MK6: Leather or Cloth?

zee

Go Kart Champion
My friend has the GTI seats, there is no choice over here in Europe...
They look like my cloth seats... Just like in the pic above...

But the support from the side is slightly better in my cloth seats, but it could be that the leather seats are a little wider then mine...

They both sit great!!!

Gotha, I would have loved to get your seats if we had the option here as I generally prefer cloth.

Alex.

Ready to race!
I love the European cloth seats, but in the US they are not sporty enough. I actually like the cloth better, but I did not order it because I wanted a sunroof, and you cannot have cloth and sunroof together.

kurtje

Passed Driver's Ed
I love the European cloth seats, but in the US they are not sporty enough. I actually like the cloth better, but I did not order it because I wanted a sunroof, and you cannot have cloth and sunroof together.

That's a good option :)
To bad that you guys don't have the European seats :(

Actually, you can order a sunroof a la carte. See my post with car details but yes, I have GTI on the way with a sunroof, base sport seats in cloth, 17" wheels (hate the Huffs so tirerack.com here I come), HID's, Nav & Dynaudio.

Order Configuration

Model Year: 2010
Model: 5K19Y2 GTI 2-DR 2.0T MAN PZEV $NA
Exterior Color: B4B4 CANDY WHITE $NA
Interior Color: XE JACKY ( CLOTH ) $NA
Options: 3FE POWER SUNROOF $NA
9VE PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM $NA
9W2 BLUETOOTH LOW $NA
P71 NAVIGATION $NA
P83 XENON HEADLAMP PACKAGE $NA
DESTINATION CHARGE $NA
EXCISE WEIGHT TAX $NA
EMISSION FEE $NA

-----------------------------------------------------

Estimated Total MSRP $NA

Comm num - 872992
VIN -
Status - I.S. Order Bank

Last edited:

Cigar

Passed Driver's Ed
None. The top one is Mark 6, the second one is Mark 5. Both are not available in North America.

We get this below in North America.

http://www.mattdesmond.com/NEWGTI/images/new_gti_1024_16.jpg

Your information is either outdated or wrong. According to the NA vw.com website the mk6 will be getting the new cloth seats.

http://www.vw.com/upcomingcars/2010gti/en/us/

zee

Go Kart Champion
Your information is either outdated or wrong. According to the NA vw.com website the mk6 will be getting the new cloth seats.

http://www.vw.com/upcomingcars/2010gti/en/us/

I guess its is too hard for you to read the whole thread. So, I'll just requote myself with the "new cloth seats".

Nowhere in the link you posted does it say the new cloth "top sport" seats. It is simply new regular sport seats as in new plaid pattern.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8051&postcount=14

Here is another picture.

Sample of what the new Mark 6 GTI plaid checkered will look like.

HyeWarrior

Banned
I really would like leather, but our cloth seats seem so much higher quality than other newer cars I've sat in... Plus its original. I wouldn't mind either one, I just want a sunroof lol

I really would like leather, but our cloth seats seem so much higher quality than other newer cars I've sat in... Plus its original. I wouldn't mind either one, I just want a sunroof lol

See my post above. You can get a sunroof as a stand alone option. The seats are really good even in "base" form. I'd skip the leather, save the money and go do something fun with it. Driving classes, track time or a hell of a night at your local strip club! Hey - Vegas, there's an idea

HyeWarrior

Banned
Lol thats true... Maybe put that money towards Votex? :23:

But your config for your GTI is EXACTLY what I would like to have out the gate. Sunroof and HID's are a must for me

pgreene1

Ready to race!
Aww man, we're not going to get the seats with the red stitching? That really sucks, because the red stitching really makes the interior pop.

I really want to upgrade from my Fit, and I was super excited about the Mk6 GTI, but the more I learn about the US version the more apprehensive I get. The seats are inferior to the European GTI, Xenons aren't standard, and the base price will be more than the Mk5 GTI. By the time I get the nice options on the MK6 it will probably approach 30k, and at that price there are a ton of other cars to consider.

Maybe I will just try to catch a good deal on a Mk5...

Aww man, we're not going to get the seats with the red stitching? That really sucks, because the red stitching really makes the interior pop.

I really want to upgrade from my Fit, and I was super excited about the Mk6 GTI, but the more I learn about the US version the more apprehensive I get. The seats are inferior to the European GTI, Xenons aren't standard, and the base price will be more than the Mk5 GTI. By the time I get the nice options on the MK6 it will probably approach 30k, and at that price there are a ton of other cars to consider.

Maybe I will just try to catch a good deal on a Mk5...

I think the US seats will have the stitching. If you go look on VW's site currently under the "future/upcoming vehicles" and the GTI photos, you'll see the plaid seats with red stiching on the seams. I just don't think it showed well in the photo above.

Lol thats true... Maybe put that money towards Votex? :23:

But your config for your GTI is EXACTLY what I would like to have out the gate. Sunroof and HID's are a must for me

Great minds think alike :lol: If I was back in Jersey or drove a lot in DC, I'd have to break down and get DSG. My left knee literally still has an old lacrosse injury (partially torn lateral meniscus) and an hour or so of heavy stop & go traffic hurts. Fortunately, I work in Baltimore and the traffic there is nothing compared to the first two so a stick is no big deal for me.

I don't think we're getting the Votex kit here and I'd never personally slap all that stuff on anyway. We will probably get the Thunderbunny kit which I think is hideous.

pgreene1

Ready to race!
Good point! The most frustrating thing about this car right now is waiting on a definitive list of pricing/options. I don't mind waiting another month or two for the car, I just want to know exactly how much the thing will cost.