GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

buying with supplier discount

Fredro

Hello,
I have been lurking in these forums in the past month or two as I await more news for the mk6 GTI and golf TDI. Currently I am in Stuttgart and around the end of November I'll be moving to the bay area and need to buy a car. I like the golf TDI as well since I have gotten pretty used to my Fiat Bravo TJET. However I am leaning towards the fun factor and better looks of the GTI.

Has anyone purchased a previous VW with the supplier discount? It says on the website that for them to honor the discount, I have to present it before the negotiation process. Is it worth using the discount or better to negotiate for a price under invoice?

-Fredro

zee

Go Kart Champion
Reading other peoples experiences, the Bay area seems to be one on the places that sell VWs equipped with TDIs at above MSRP. Since Dealers volunteer for the Supplier Purchase Program, I suggest you first call around to find out which one offers it in the area.
The website says that programs ends on December 31, 2009...but the first USA TDI's launch cars are expected in early to mid-Nov. As the website says the dealers are not required to sell you from their stock or order bank, you might have a hard time finding the right dealer...as most of them will be holding out to sell the first few TDI cars without discount and possibly above MSRP.

My suggestion is to start calling around now, or post in the "Ask a VW salesperson thread" on vwvortex. Those guys are pretty straight forward.
Good luck.:thumbsup:

Petersig

I used supplier pricing (@ invoice) to establish a benchmark price and then went elsewhere to negotiate a better price ($400 under invoice) on a 2011 GTI.

jnaylor01

Passed Driver's Ed
I used the supplier discount provided by work. I guess we must sell our product to the VAG group or something. We get deals on both VW's and Audi's. I saved about 4 grand on my GTI.