GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of TWM Shift Knob

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Review of TWM Shift Knob UPDATED

TWM did not give this shift knob or pay me in anyway for this review.

Ok so ive had my TWM M1 Abrams for about three days now and i cant get over how much I love it.

First Ill start with service: My Order was originally for a Gunmetal with no engraving but after ordering I received an email saying they where out of stock. They quickly worked to fix my order and i ended up getting what was my second choice with engraving. the shipping took 3 days from CA to PA. Im very happy with TWM they know how to take care of there customers.

Pros: It smooths out shifts and just feels great in the hand I don't feel the urg to pistol grip like i did with the stocker. It ways around 1.07lbs so throws are like butter now. it looks awesome IMO and the brushed silver color matches are interior bits perfect

Cons: None the only problem was myself when i first got it because of the weight difference.

Last edited:

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
nice bro.. looks good! ill probably pick one up when i finally get my gti.. btw i like how you have your gps there.. what model is it? i have a garmin nuvi 1300

sukanas1

Ready to race!
sorry to hijack this thread but is that a garmin navi? and which model? just curious to know what size it is.. thanks!

BoyBlunder

how was the install? was it just lift the boot, unscrew the old one, install the new one?

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
sorry to hijack this thread but is that a garmin navi? and which model? just curious to know what size it is.. thanks!

Yes it's a garmin the smallest model they make people are always thinking it's stock. It fits perfectly in the change holder and the charger plugs in right next to it I did not have to mod anything it just fits in there with the windshield suction cup no rattles nice and tight

hobojoker

Does the shift knob get hot when the car sits out in the sun?

Mandatory comment about the topic before going off-topic...

I have a garmin nuvi too and I have always put it there, I think it's a great location provided you don't need to take it out while you're driving in 3rd gear =P

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Always got my fav hat in the car so I just throw it on the shifter.

My gf tried getting me the bigger garmin I was like nope. Lol

it looks kinda funny with that boot. the knob it self looks pretty clean tho.

btw i like the nav placement! i was thinking of doing that but was worried i would look down too long at it and may crash or w.e.

falconeight1

Ready to race!
Does the shift knob get hot when the car sits out in the sun?

Mandatory comment about the topic before going off-topic...

I have a garmin nuvi too and I have always put it there, I think it's a great location provided you don't need to take it out while you're driving in 3rd gear =P

Hell yes it does, I had that in my STI and it lasted a week in Texas june. I sold that bad boy on ebay.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead but i got around to matching my knob to my car the brushed dident suit it. Anyway here it is......

Ps sorry for the crappy IPhone pics

Still loving the weight and i couldent help but making it a bit shorter.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 308
  • shift.jpg
    shift.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:

yada22

Ready to race!
Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead but i got around to matching my knob to my car the brushed dident suit it. Anyway here it is......

Ps sorry for the crappy IPhone pics

Still loving the weight and i couldent help but making it a bit shorter.

did you just cut the shifter down? is that a new boot as well, it doesnt seem to be tons of extra leather?

this looks great!

0.5_Lambo

Ready to race!
Real nice! I also have an aftermarket knob that i may sell a long with my shifter cut and it feels great. The knob being 1.5lbs its like it goes in gear by itself. Question though, i thought about the TWM but my last TWM was screw on specifically for the car. Ours dont screw on so how is it tightened on. Does it use a allen type screw to tighten like some aftermarket knobs do?