GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R20 Revealed!!!

srbsta

Banned
will be placing a order as soon as more info comes out for the Aussie market....cant wait:happyanim:

Booba

Ready to race!

mongo1

Ready to race!

I hadn't noticed the keyless ignition earlier. Fun!

sleepergti86

APRTuned
Wow, nice.... i didn't even see it either.

sleepergti86

APRTuned
More than likely we won't have cool stuff like that here...

Mick431

Ready to race!
Maybe I'm a loser in seeing women's anatomy :( But I really don't get what you mean :confused: I looked at that picture of R's front over and over, and I can't connect it with women's anatomy...:iono:

i agree? in what way is the vw badge related to women's anatomy??

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
does anyone know what the MPG is going to be on the R? i wonder if its going to be around the same as the R32

GTI2007

That's going to be a lot better. According to an article I read this Golf R is going to get an average of around 28 mpg

csmkv

Speeder
That's going to be a lot better. According to an article I read this Golf R is going to get an average of around 28 mpg

Yeah, I've seen that number many times, too.

I'm more curious about its new Haldex system. According to an article I've read in this forum quoting other sources, it's a new and much more advanced Haldex version, saying it will no longer be activated by slipping of rear wheels :confused: Will it be more like Torsen??

csmkv

Speeder
http://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2010-golf_r/
New all-wheel drive on the Volkswagen Golf R

As standard equipment, the Volkswagen Golf R transfers the TSI's power to the road via the latest generation of Volkswagen's 4Motion all-wheel drive system. Compared to the version implemented in the Golf R32, the system underwent significant advanced development. Above all, power transmission between the front and rear axles - especially the all-wheel differential that operates in an oil bath - exhibits clear advances compared to the previous generation. The most important one: Activation of the all-wheel differential no longer requires a difference in speeds between the front and rear axles.

That is because, different than on the previous generation, for the first time an electric pump is used to build pressure. The electric pump supplies oil to a hydraulic reservoir whose working pressure is 30 bar. A control module computes the ideal drive torque for the rear axle and controls, via a valve, how much oil pressure is applied to the working pistons of the multi-plate clutch. The contact pressure at the clutch plates rises in proportion to the desired torque at the rear axle. The amount of torque that is transferred can be varied continuously with the magnitude of the pressure applied to the clutch plates. Compared to the previous 4Motion generation, the system operates independent of slip, since the system's working pressure is always available. When starting up and accelerating, this prevents spinning of the wheels at the front axle more effectively, since the control module regulates the torque distribution based on dynamic axle loads. In extreme cases, nearly 100 percent of the drive torque can be directed to the rear axle. This results in further gains in active safety and dynamic performance.

from the thread "R20 bits and pieces"

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!

freakin sweet, i think my down payment is going to this car. its between the TDI and R (big gap huh lol)