fogs as drl??

tehHooligan

Ready to race!
A bit of a thread revive, but my big question is:

Fogs as DRLs or no DRLs at all?

I have nokya 2500k yellow fogs btw.

EDIT: nevermind I did fogs as drls and its awesome

Last edited:
DUDE....200 bucks they ripped u off no joke...i went here http://vagcomlocator.com/ then i found a guy called him and 20 bucks and we did,
Fogs as DRL
Cornering Lights
Needle Sweep
Remote Open and close window

could you post the codes to do these?

DUSlider1

oh, and fyi...my dealership wont cover anything electrical on warranty with outside VAG work done, so at least this way all is still covered

That is why you buy your own cable and do it yourself... A micro-can is $250 right from ross-tech. Any windows XP laptop that has a USB port will do.

Then you charge $20 to do mods for others to make your money back. It's not hard and there are directions for everything. If you buy the cable from Ross-tech they also give you the support for it.

GangBangChang

Can someone in Vancouver, Canada vagcom these codes for my baby?? I'll pay for a 24pack :)

sfitalianguy

Passed Driver's Ed
DUDE....200 bucks they ripped u off no joke...i went here http://vagcomlocator.com/ then i found a guy called him and 20 bucks and we did,
Fogs as DRL
Cornering Lights
Needle Sweep
Remote Open and close window

how can you have fogs as DRLs AND Cornering lights? If you have Fogs as DRLs, they're always on. Cornering Lights = when you turn on the left or right blinker, OR you turn the steering wheel in that direction, AND you have the low beams on, the fog on the respective side comes on. So, if your fogs are already on because you set them to be your DRLs, cornering lights don't do anything.... correct? (which is why I turned on the cornering lights BUT simply turned OFF the DRLs altogether)..

Bmath340

Ready to race!
That is why you buy your own cable and do it yourself... A micro-can is $250 right from ross-tech. Any windows XP laptop that has a USB port will do.

Then you charge $20 to do mods for others to make your money back. It's not hard and there are directions for everything. If you buy the cable from Ross-tech they also give you the support for it.

the cables are 10 bucks shipped on ebay. :thumbup:

glad i'm getting my own and not paying for "labor"

since when is clicking and typing "labor"??? :/

sorry man!

Bmath340

Ready to race!
the cables are 10 bucks shipped on ebay. :thumbup:

glad i'm getting my own and not paying for "labor"

since when is clicking and typing "labor"??? :/

sorry man!

nevermind! just found out our cars take "can" connectors and ebay cables will not work as they only support cars up to 2004 :/ lol so yeah the cable at rosstech is 249, still worth it if like said above, you will be working on ppls cars to make ur money back...

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
For those that have Xenons and did Fogs as DRL's, its Byte14 right, and what digits do you put in the bit?

Im having a hard time turning it on.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
I did that but for some reason it did now work, my cluster has a G at the end if that means anything. Im going to try it again, I heard sometimes you need to do a few times for it to kick in.