GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my new DD, 2010 gti

phans784

Ready to race!
:happyanim: just some quick pics

love how the paint looks in sunlight

didnt notice the little VW symbols when I bought it, haha

anxious to break it in so I can rip on it some.

plat

Ready to race!
:coolpics:Nice Very nice! Does your GTI have the Carbon Steel Metallic finish? The first photo seems like it has that CSM paint. The other photos seems like it has a black finish.

phans784

Ready to race!
its the deep black metallic but in bright sunlight at certain angles (like the pic of the hood) it almost has a blue grey shade. I originally wanted a csg or united grey but im glad i went with black

why are my rear brakes puking brake dust? After 30 miles I had as much brake dust build up as any of my previous cars after 500 miles. will this go away as the brakes get worn down a bit? If not my first mod will probably be some new pads

plat

Ready to race!
why are my rear brakes puking brake dust? After 30 miles I had as much brake dust build up as any of my previous cars after 500 miles. will this go away as the brakes get worn down a bit? If not my first mod will probably be some new pads

I think it is a good idea to upgrade to ceramic brake pads to reduce the brake dust issue.

rodrigo_emiliano

Passed Driver's Ed
I read above that you decided for this excellent car over a Mustang?? am I correct?? Anyhow, If it is true I'm sure we can all agree that it was the best decision, nothing against mustangs (well may be a little) but GTI is far superior

phans784

Ready to race!
yes, it was the 17 year old in me screaming for smoky burn outs when i was considering the mustang. however tuning potential, livability, utility, and refinement screamed louder

thought i could hold off for 9 months or so(next summer) until i started modding but I find my will power decreasing daily ahhhhhhh

SethProSTX

Ready to race!
yes, it was the 17 year old in me screaming for smoky burn outs when i was considering the mustang. however tuning potential, livability, utility, and refinement screamed louder

thought i could hold off for 9 months or so(next summer) until i started modding but I find my will power decreasing daily ahhhhhhh

just do it for sure :thumbup: