GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Amber Be Gone!!!!

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
They blend in so perfectly a cop would have to knwo the look to give you a ticket on it..

EU spec GTIs dont have them

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
^In that case rather pay a bit extra and just have them filled.

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
You CAN get pulled over for not having sidemarkers (although they'd have to be pretty bored). They can sight 'defective equipment' as a reason for the stop, just like having a headlight out.

I don't know if a police officer would notice the amber side lights as painted over under normal circumstances, remember we are fanatics and know every bit of the car, but he probably does not. however if there was a DUI check point or just a "safety check point" (right), it could possibly be noticed.

I posted this on another thread but in case you miss it i think it still fits where this thread is now:

If there is pressure to pump up the revenue stream, and if the sergeant wants more summons written for all infractions then it will most likely happen. but remember the police officer wants more, he/she is looking for a good bust or at least 2 or 3 strokes on a stop. so if it's windows that are too dark, mufflers that are too loud, music that is too loud, wearing headphones while driving, no seat belt etc., that stop for any one of the above reasons just gives the police officer the right to get up close and personal and start looking and sniffing around in your space. once your stopped for a potential violation you better have the rest of your stuff in order, license, registration, insurance card whatever. side markers?? Because before you leave there he may have writers cramp :paddle:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I would think that 99.80% of the time, this would never get noticed, at least anywhere around here in the midwest. Cops don't know if its a new model car or if you have amber in the turn signals, etc. While I agree this "mod" is most likely not "legal", I don't think that you would likely ever get in trouble for it. It's not as clear cut as a loud exhaust, too dark of tint, no front plate (where applicable), or even non-street legal headlight bulbs.

Last edited:

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
i finally got mine. thanks john!

Attachments

• IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 174

James9449

Ready to race!
What about clear lenses . . .

. . . with an amber LED bulb ? I did that on my last vehicle and it looked "wicked a-a-h-h-s-u-u-h-h-m" . . . And, yes, I'm from MA.

mar_mouso

Passed Driver's Ed
i agree, officer is not going to notice. probably not going to know the laws about it either.

just have them off for inspection.

riccio76

Ready to race!
I dont know what part of MA you guys live in but in my County the last thing that a cop is worried about is if your side markers are in violation or not.

daysleeper_k2

Passed Driver's Ed
I dont know what part of MA you guys live in but in my County the last thing that a cop is worried about is if your side markers are in violation or not.

I'm in Western MA and the cops here have NOTHING to do. They pull you over for going 72 in a 65 zone or just for turning the corner "a little fast" (not even over the speed limit).

mkny

Ready to race!
just ordered mine i cant wait to get rid of the amber :thumbdown:

did you guys keep the bulbs behind them plugged in

^^I'd like to know this too. I'm thinking of unplugging them when I get mine. Not sure if the heat from the bulb would cause and paint blemish/cracking over time.