View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: SOLD-2011 2dr mt cw GTI
"B" COLUMN INTERIOR FITMENT ISSUES

(sorry if this has already been discussed)

I have a 2011 2 door and yesterday noticed the fabic covered molded plastic peice that covers the "B" column (where the seat belt mounts above driver's shoulder) had popped out a few inches. I stopped by the dealer and a mechanic just happened to standing outside, popped it back in (ajusting the seat belt anchor to get it to fit). Took just 2 minutes, no appointment and no paperwork - great experience. Later I looked at the passenger side and it was very loose also. It had not popped out of place but was starting to. I pushed this molded plastic back in until snug but there was no snap or clip to lock it in place. I pulled on it very lightly and it came loose again.

My question is : Are there hidden clips or snaps under plasitc B column cover? Is there a TSB out on this problem?

Side note: all door squeaks are gone now.

Thanks, Paul
APR stage 2 ecu, APR Carbonio stage 1+2 intake, UR downpipe, Borla catback, S3 intercooler, AWE turbo outlet pipe, HST RSR clutch, Neuspeed short shifter, NSP boost gauge, BFI stage 2 torque arm insert, Hotchkis 27mm front/rear swaybars, Koni Sport struts/shocks, VW Driver Gear springs, Stoptech pads, Tyrol Sport caliper bushings, Neuspeed RS12 wheels, Mich. PSS.

Last edited by BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY; 04-22-2012 at 11:00 PM.
BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY is offline   Reply With Quote