GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMMKAYVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Im going stage two on friday with an APR down pipe. Is there a jump like from stock to stage 1 or anything like that? Just want different inputs.

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
Im going stage two on friday with an APR down pipe. Is there a jump like from stock to stage 1 or anything like that? Just want different inputs.

Not even close. Maybe 15-20% of the jump from stock to stage 1 honestly. Opens up the top end.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Stage II has a MUCH more linear power band than stage I (less in your face torque). Much more driveable as a daily driver and a bit more power up top. Sounds the way it should have from the factory though cold starts are obnoxious, haha. Pulls like a train 1-6 now instead of 1-3 with stage I. Not a huge increase in power but feels much better. BEst way to describe is it feels more like stock, but more power everywhere. You will enjoy it. Then you will want K04 after a few months, haha.

Search the forum for stage II impressions/reviews. People will eat you alive here if not.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
I was much more impressed with Stage II over Stage I. Just do what you do and get the tune, no amount of words on a page and various opinions will give you the experience of driving your car after the DP install. You'll love it. :thumbsup:

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2 just keeps pulling and pulling and pulling and pulling! In this cold turbo weather we're having I am amazed how well my car pulls well past 100mph (on a closed course of course). On occasion I have also punched it to blow past someone doing 45mph on the interstate and am truly amazed by the power surge in the mid-range.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2 gets you 3 cars on a stage 1

bigpun

Ready to race!
I am planning on doing mine end of this month. after reading your guys post i can't wait. seem like i will have a blast.

mkstan15

Ready to race!
strong correlation between repeat posts like this and tuning companies offering sales pricing. Use the damn search button

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Topic has been discussed thoroughly.

No it will not be as big of a jump as it was to Stage 1.

It will be more linear and provide better UP TOP (RPM Band) performance.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.