GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audio Upgrade

whitford

Anyone upgrade their audio?

Currently it has standard RNS 310 audio + dealer fitted MDI + bluetooth kit.
I know the factory standard audio is already quite decent. Don't want to spend a fortune, probably up to AUD 2k. And don't think I want to change the head unit.

So what should I do?
- Get additional amp power / cross over? what brand? which one?
- Upgrade the speaker?

Thanks....

martim

I would like to upgrade the speaker, but i don't know the exact dimension, 16.5 inch or 20 inch?????

any suggestion?

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
They will be 16.5" maybe 170mm you would be better taking the door panel off to find out exact dimensions you could get in i have been told 77mm depth max.

SilverDSG

They will be 16.5" maybe 170mm you would be better taking the door panel off to find out exact dimensions you could get in i have been told 77mm depth max.

16.5 inch! Am I reading that right?? Would have thought they would be 7 inch at most or am I missing something? Unless your not talking diameter....

gorlando

I called an official dynaudio dealer and they to fully switch to the "advanced audio" package it would cost about 1300 dollars. A set of two speakers alone was about 200 bucks. Just get infinity.

Tg2098

Passed Driver's Ed
I called an official dynaudio dealer and they to fully switch to the "advanced audio" package it would cost about 1300 dollars. A set of two speakers alone was about 200 bucks. Just get infinity.

heres a question, for a little more base could you just change the bottom component speakers with the dynaudio system or would you have to change the tweeters too?:iono: