GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Canada 2010 Golf GTI Order Guide & Pricing

zee

Go Kart Champion
Speak to the dealer where you ordered your GTI. If they are nice enough, I am sure they will show you more information since you have put a deposit. They cannot release most of it to the public till VWoC does so.
HINT>>>Specifically ask for dealer information that came with the order guide on July 3rd.:)

Edit: Just noticed someone pasted the text here >>http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706&page=2 . From VWoC to Dealers

Last edited:

Q822

Ready to race!
Hi, only to let you know that even if the MDI was not in the option (except with the technology group 1990$) I ask for it during negociation and the dealer gave it to me with tinted windows and remote starter ...my GTi will be here in november :)

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion
Hi, only to let you know that even if the MDI was not in the option (except with the technology group 1990$) I ask for it during negociation and the dealer gave it to me with tinted windows and remote starter ...my GTi will be here in november :)

Good to hear...I'm glad there are deals to be made with the 2010s

TenzoR

is the MDI just an adaptor? I would like to get it without having to get the Technology Package

zee

Go Kart Champion
is the MDI just an adaptor? I would like to get it without having to get the Technology Package

The MDI only consists of a harness(to connec to the headunit) and a console with the MDI plug. The console can be installed in the glove box or arm-rest.

Q822

Ready to race!
like me...I didn't want the technology package¸

The MDI is an adaptor for Ipod and other mp3s (it depends on the plug you use) directly plugged between the front seat in the arm rest

zee

Go Kart Champion
Q822, when you say adapter, is your dealer is offering you the full MDI kit or just the iPod adapter?...because the spec shows that the base cars do not have the MDi kit installed, which the adapter need to function.
The MDI kit installs to the head unit and the MDI adapter install to the MDI kit.

The full MDI Kit is about $400, while the ipod mdi adaptor is about $40.

This is a picture of the MDI kit with two adaptors on the right(ipod and usb). the mp3 line-in is not pictured.

Here is the ipod adapter by itself. It cano tbe connected to the headunit by itself.

GTIGuy1

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got word from my dealer that my GTI has arrived! Too bad its 500km away and I have to wait until Sat to pick it up.