GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Posting this from VW dealership, just sat in a GTI

maximum61

Passed Driver's Ed
there is a united gray 2010 gti for $27,115 , 2 door, manual transmission, sat nav package

The first thing i noticed is the Cloth seats, are amazingly more comfortable than the GTI mk5. The thigh areas are wider, it doesn't feel like my balls are being smashed together like in the Mk5. the back support is simple lever instead of a Circle dial in the mk5. It also feels like the lumbar support is in the right place and is softer as well.
The Stick on the transmission looks very clean and high class.

The glove compartment however, is very sad. It has the Ipod connector, but really no room for anything. The Mk5, you can store regular sized prined photos in the glove compartment. In the Mk6, you can store credit cards, and no bigger.

They placed the Aux input next to the Cup holders, next to the hand brake.

Tid bits that seems to make this car more upscale would be the larger chrome exhaust pipes, and the Gloss black Radial shark fin attenna.

There is no Rear back up camera

tires included was Dunlop SP sport, Temperature B, radial tires.

overall, I kind of like the Mk6.

Now i wish to see the Golf R:)

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
I was pretty impressed with the car when I looked at it this past Friday. I think VW did a great job with it. Everything about the car seems a little more focused, polished compared to the MKV.

juttsvw1

I have owend 2006 GTI, 2008 R and still have a 2008 Rabbit "2nd car". At this time I have a 2009 Accord but am really thinking about getting the Mk6.

What my question is, do the new GTI's still feel and drive like the Mk5's? I just love the cars and if I am going to go back in debt, I would like some more information.

Thanks

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
What my question is, do the new GTI's still feel and drive like the Mk5's? I just love the cars and if I am going to go back in debt, I would like some more information.

Thanks

Yes, it feels like the same car. Maybe a little sharper in the overall handling, but that is about it. I will also say that I felt the shifter was tighter and had a shorter throw stock than my 08 GTI did.