GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 09-24-2017, 08:59 PM   #1
Roctre
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
P2187 and P2279 codes

So lean idle code and intake system leak code. I drove the car to see if I had any misfires or loss of power and well nada she runs like always pulling hard to redline and my car also ides nice and smooth at the normal idle point. I'm not sure what it could be at this point, maybe a bad pcv valve. Any help would be awesome.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
rpandresen
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI Shadow Blue
Have you taken a look at the intake system? I had similar codes and party of the problem was holes on the underside of my rubber intake connector.
rpandresen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:12 PM   #3
wahwah

Drives: '13 GTI
I believe I had the same codes earlier this year and I was able to fix it by cleaning the air filter a day completely removing the MAF sensor, cleaning it with isopropyl, and drying it in rice. My root issue was the K&N filter oil was seep through the filter no matter how little I applied and would contaminate the MAF. Hope this helps
wahwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:04 PM   #4
Roctre
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Didn't get any notifications but I found the problem. The diaphragm on top of the PCV is torn and sucking air in through the little breather hole. Going to just replace that part instead of the whole PCV valve.